Survival Kit for Sale and/or Trade:

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Jag, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Jag

Jag Member

Hello all! I just wanted to shorten my previous post here on the Sales & Trade board a bit to make it a bit more user-friendly (considering the length of the earlier post). I still have a survival kit for sale that I posted earlier on the previous post (see http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=43555#43555 for greater details on the item(s) in question). Here are some photos for your perusing convenience:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am asking $165 for the entire kit (the utility box above is included in the kit; also, I am willing to let the hunting knife w/sheath sell separately for $75; the rest of the kit comes together as a unit and is unfortunately not available for piecemeal sale) or a reasonable barter offer (I am willing to barter if you can’t afford actual dough but would be willing to trade something of value instead). The brass from the previous post has been sold. If you would like greater details on the above items, please see the previous post. PM me if you have any questions or would be interested in making an offer. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jag

2. Jag

Jag Member

Well...

I thought about it, and $165 for this whole kit is actually a little high. So, how about this: a $10 deduction for the whole kit and a $10 deduction in the price of the KodiSkinner hunting knife (should you want to buy/trade for the knife seperately).

That equates out to:

$155 for the whole kit, and

$65 for the knife w/handmade sheath (if you'd want to purchase it seperately).

Without the hunting knife, I'd let the rest of the kit go for $92 bucks (or a trade offer, of course!).

If anybody is interested, I'll make it even more interesting: I'll pay for half of the shipping, if you want.

I am more than willing to barter for trade items instead of cash, as well. If you would be interested, PM me with the details.

I hope that this seems like a fair offer. If you could see any sort of issue with the price, haggle with me and I'd be more than willing to work out a fair deal.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jag 8)

3. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Not to be rude or anything, but even then the price seems pretty unrealistic. One could go to Wal Mart and assemble a similar kit of fishing gear for $65ish.

The knife's about $35-$40 brand new.

All told, one could buy the whole kit 'n caboodle, brand new, for about a Benjamin.

...Well the Caboodle might run an extra couple bucks. ;)

4. Jag

Jag Member

Hmmm...

You're probably right...the only thing of any REAL value would be the knife, I guess, since it is basically new (I don't have the box for it, but I have NEVER used it for cutting or anything else, for that matter; the sheath is handmade out of leather, maybe worth an extra $20-30 bucks)...

Perhaps I should drop the price again? Or should I offer something else in the kit to make it worthwhile? Or should I just leave the knife up for sale and take the kit off?

What do you guys think?

Please post your replies here!

And, per Uraijit's post, I've already decided to drop the price further. Does $140 for the whole thing sound closer to reality, if I shipped it at no extra cost to the buyer (for the knife w/sheath seperately, say $50)? None of the kit has ever been used. And, I'll gladly trade, too!

Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,

Jag 8)

5. Jag

Jag Member

Price drop:

I've decided to drop the price further. For the whole kit (with the hunting knife and sheath), I'll put it at $130. For the knife w/sheath seperately, I'll drop the price to $45. If this still seems unreasonable, I'd be open to any offers or suggestions for the kit.

If nothing else, maybe I could sweeten the deal for someone, somehow?...

Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,

Jag 8)