Swiss Army Knives

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade Forum' started by outtachaos, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Since I hate dead space in my safe and I needed a place for my SAKs...I made this shelf for the back wall. If anyone has Swiss Army Knives.... lets see them!

Attached Files:

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

The one up top with the compass is pretty cool!

3. Sorry Talon.... that's the Golf Tool. What you are seeing is the removable ball marker. I don't play golf so its mint.:)

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    So is it shaped the way it is to accommodate a divit remover?

5. You are correct. Plus has small blade, teepunch/naile file/bottle opener, scissors, tooth pick and tweezers.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here are mine.

I just ordered another last week, one of the Wenger Rangers, I was taken in by the way the Swiss shield is the button for the blade lock.

The Wengers also have a cool straight screwdriver locking mechanism that locks up after you push the tool into the screw.

BTW, for those that don't know, both Victrinox and Wenger are official Swiss military knife suppliers, but Wenger got bought up by Victorinox a few years ago.

Now the Wengers are called the Delemont line on the Victorinox catalog, after the town where their factory is.

That knife in the bottom right is a Gerber, I can't find it to know the model, but I like it.
    The black one is a Tool logic SL3 with a fire starter and whistle. It stays in the BOB.

The SAKs are a black Trekker liner lock, top left, the Red slide lock is a Trailmaster bought in Switzerland, and the little Ergo model at bottom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I used to have a really nice Swiss Army tool. It had the best designed tools on it, and many of them worked as well as dedicated tools. Unfortunately, I lost it at a TSA checkpoint when I forgot that it was in my backpack. What a sad day that was!

8. Nice Ajole. I've yet to acquire a Wenger.

9. Hate that for ya.

Our state surplus is right up the road from me and they auction SAK from seizures almost everyday. Saves me shipping!

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The Ergo is a Wenger, and the Ranger that's coming is, but the other two are Victorinox.

I love your wood handled models, I almost got a wood Ranger, but it adds 50% to the cost, I'd feel bad if I scratched it, and I like to use my knives.:(

11. Rmada

Rmada Member

[​IMG]

For someone who's not really a "collector", I have a ridiculous number of knives. These are my only SAK's, all Victorinox.

The big one is a Swiss champ i think. Black is a Compact. Yellow Super tinker (?) The key chain is the standard with LED flashlight, and I have a few more of the Floral solo blades in vehicles and tool boxes somewhere. I end up carrying the Florals a lot because i got them cheap/used on ebay and if they get lost or broken i'm not as concerned.