Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the VA hospital now. -
Woke up to find my left foot is swollen - barely fits in my shoe.
I found a blister on the bottom of my foot - was trying out store bought 'therapy socks' for the first time. They apparently produced a wrinkle on the bottom of my foot...

Not too happy about that.

Wish me luck.

eldar

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,882 Posts
I'm heading to the VA hospital now. -
Woke up to find my left foot is swollen - barely fits in my shoe.
I found a blister on the bottom of my foot - was trying out store bought 'therapy socks' for the first time. They apparently produced a wrinkle on the bottom of my foot...

Not too happy about that.

Wish me luck.

eldar
Good luck

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Be careful. Diabetes?

I have been fighting a swollen left foot for a couple of months now. Had some minor foot surgery and I have been fighting it ever since.

Take care and heal up fast.

Reactions: Think1st and Rerun

·
Premium Member
4,850 Posts
"Golden years" my granny! Hope all is well

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the blessings.

I'm back home.

Ayup, diabetes related.

I had a niece get married last Saturday. I took home a plate including a slice of opulent wedding cake.

And, my youngest sister gifted me with some socks that are supposed to be good for feet - darn things kept bunching up near my toes!

I developed a blister.

Bad thing to happen to a guard who walks 3 miles a night, four nights a week.

Eating the wedding cake was a dumb thing to do - jacked my sugar level over 500.

Which is why my foot swelled.

Some TLC from the fine staff at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Hospital and I'm good to go.

Except,
I'm supposed to walk 3 miles a night 4 nights a week.

And,
along with the medicine being used to treat the ulcer on the bottom of my foot, I'm have to stay off it as much as possible...

Looks like vacation time for a week or so...

eldar

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Ouch. Get better soon.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
I've had gout, a ganglion cyst on the top of my foot, and a planters wart on the bottom of my foot.

Gout went away right after I retired, I'm thinking stress related.

The ganglion cyst, the whole time I talked to the doctor he kept talking about a "Bible Bump". Back in the day they would whack it with a heavy book like a bible to pop the cyst and let it seep back into your system. It was either that or a lengthy operation, so I went home and whacked it 3-4 times with Webster's Dictionary, never came back!!! Thought I had broken my foot after the 4th whack.

The wart, I got one of those store bought things that you put on it and remove the next day, only I didn't slowly peel it off I ripped it off my foot. Not only did the wart come off but a good chunk of flesh, had to go to the ER to get that patched up.

Other than cutting my middle toe off playing chicken on my bicycle when I was 8yrs old, that's the only problems I've had with my feet. The sewed my toe back on, had a nice looking zipper appearance to it but it's kinda disappearing now. I showed it to my 5yr old grandson the other day, he made a face!!!

Speaking off grandson, he did a face plant at daycare the other day:

Nothing but a scratched up face, no breakage. His Spidyweb must have not worked when he needed it!

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Thanks for all the blessings.

I'm back home.

Ayup, diabetes related.

I had a niece get married last Saturday. I took home a plate including a slice of opulent wedding cake.

And, my youngest sister gifted me with some socks that are supposed to be good for feet - darn things kept bunching up near my toes!

I developed a blister.

Bad thing to happen to a guard who walks 3 miles a night, four nights a week.

Eating the wedding cake was a dumb thing to do - jacked my sugar level over 500.

Which is why my foot swelled.

Some TLC from the fine staff at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Hospital and I'm good to go.

Except,
I'm supposed to walk 3 miles a night 4 nights a week.

And,
along with the medicine being used to treat the ulcer on the bottom of my foot, I'm have to stay off it as much as possible...

Looks like vacation time for a week or so...

eldar
Ulcer is what they cut off of mine. About now I am wishing I did not let them.

Like I said,heal fast. And the walking will help. I walk a circuit that according to my pace beads is 4.1 clicks. Of course I don’t know how many miles that is. I walk it in the summer months when I have daylight, Monday through Thursday, weather permitting. It’s a wonder how goo do that is for your blood sugar.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ulcer is what they cut off of mine. About now I am wishing I did not let them.

Like I said,heal fast. And the walking will help. I walk a circuit that according to my pace beads is 4.1 clicks. Of course I don’t know how many miles that is. I walk it in the summer months when I have daylight, Monday through Thursday, weather permitting. It’s a wonder how goo do that is for your blood sugar.
Your distance is about two and a half miles.

Multiply .6 times number of klicks to get a rough mile measurement.

eldar

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getcha one of those skateboardy things that you can put your foot on and cruise around!!!
Uh, no.

I walked into the bank the other day and asked the teller to check my balance.

She leaned over the counter and shoved me.

After I fell to the floor, she told me,
"Sir, you have zero balance!"

That's the same with skates and skateboards.

eldar

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
At least you paid attention to your foot and got it taken care of without wasting time. I hear stories about diabetic patients not getting foot problems checked out in a timely fashion, and they end up in a worse state than they might otherwise have. Get well.

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
My right foot was just swollen bad enough I couldn't get my boot on. Pretty sure I stepped on a goat head the dogs tracked in and the barb broke off when I pulled it out. Found a white spot that didn't hurt when walking but felt like I was being lit up when I touched it. Lanced it and a little bit of straight pus drained out followed by a tablespoon of blood and puss mixed. Rooted around with a needle and dug out something solid. Foot was normal size by morning.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My foot is healing nicely.

No further swelling and the ulcer is nearly gone.

Iodine paste to the rescue.

I hand wash both feet these days, using a hand mirror to inspect them fully.

eldar

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
My foot is healing nicely.

No further swelling and the ulcer is nearly gone.

Iodine paste to the rescue.

I hand wash both feet these days, using a hand mirror to inspect them fully.

eldar
I use my phone camera. You can zoom it in...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Uh, no.

I walked into the bank the other day and asked the teller to check my balance.

She leaned over the counter and shoved me.

After I fell to the floor, she told me,
"Sir, you have zero balance!"

That's the same with skates and skateboards.

eldar
Lol...That kinda reminds me of the time My Dad came home with a busted lip. Mom asked him what happened , and he said he got beat up in the elevator at work. He said it stopped on the floor below his, and a Woman with big boobs got in, and he couldnt hep but stare at them. Then she said "please press one"....so he did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts