Tac Light Question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by TrailBlazer999, Feb 1, 2016.

1. I'm trying to decide how I want to mount my flashlight. It's an EDC light that came with a mount and momentary switch. I would like to mount it to the rail under the barrel but it stickes out past the muzzle by a couple of inches. My question is, will the pressures coming out of the barrel when firing cause any kind of problems for the light? Over time? Stupid question I'm sue but I'm thinking about the pressure spreading out as the bullet comes out and flies over the end of the light.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. cruiser

cruiser Member

My recommendation would be to order the side rails from Hi Point and mount the light on the side.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You could space it further down, and then Back. But that requires a
    spacer, obviously ;) Check UTG and or Amazon, and eBay...

4. Bigern

Bigern Member

Yes great suggestions so far. I think your light will be fine. I like the light on the side, if you have a foregrip you can turn the light on with your thumb while still handling the rifle.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. BiggBadJohn

BiggBadJohn Member

I use a barrel clamp for mine it's two sided and hold firmly

6. Thanks for the suggestions y'all. They're all pretty good. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. Right now I've got it mounted just in front of the foregrip. I may end up keeping it there for now. We'll see how that works out when I finally take it back out to the range. If anyone else has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it but right now, I'm hitting the hay. Good night y'all and safe shooting.

7. MadJack

MadJack Supporting Member

Quite a few pistol lights extend past the end of the barrel and work just fine there. On these long barrels of these carbines, there is reduced gas pressures exiting the end of the barrel, so it should be fine on the carbine.