Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found what might be my next acquisition the New England Pardner protector 199.00 It's the twin copy of the Remington 870

But I will be making a few changes. Like add a Pistol grip and pistol grip forend from ATI
With an addition of a muzzle break and tube extention and heat shield

Or I might go with the tactical stock so I would be able to store extra shells on the gun. My plan is to make the addition a little at the time.

I have heard good things and bad things about the pardner shotgun. For those that may not know, I also have 2 Hi Points and would not trade them for a Kimber, so to be honest I am not into the named high priced guns. I want efficient, effective and practical weapons that I would not have to take a loan to purchase one.

Anyway any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have found what might be my next acquisition the New England Pardner protector 199.00 It's the twin copy of the Remington 870
Why not just buy a used, real 870 for that price?

don't know nuttin about it but i want to see it when it is done. i have a few tacticals myself. this is my next one; http://sbsreview.net/Article_Detail.php?g=content1203899677
I figured you'd go after the Serbu....

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
870's in my area are way over $200. Not sure on Gunbroker. Not to familar with New England Arms but seems like a great deal. I paid that for my maverick 88. Cheap tactical shotguns ftw!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
There are some sitting on the "used" shelf at the local Gander here right now...or they were Friday. And you only get $75~100 trade in credit for one around here.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i NEED an 88 or the 500 in the muzzlelite bullpup stock BAD! the Serbu is $600 at LGS, $5 AOW to the ATF and then another 6 month wait!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not just buy a used, real 870 for that price?

Thanks for the input. I did say I own two Hi Points and I am not into name brand high priced guns. Used guns unless they have a good warranty I had rather not mess with.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
870's in my area are way over $200. Not sure on Gunbroker. Not to familar with New England Arms but seems like a great deal. I paid that for my maverick 88. Cheap tactical shotguns ftw!
Thanks I haven't seen any used 870 no where near 200.00 the cheapest I have seen is about 250.00 and then add all the upfit's I want to do. I am looking at paying way more then I would care to pay.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are some sitting on the "used" shelf at the local Gander here right now...or they were Friday. And you only get $75~100 trade in credit for one around here.
I would never trade in any of my guns so trade in value really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I like NEF single shot stuff I agree its top knotch but I had one of the Pardner pumps and was less than impressed I thought the finishwas pretty second rate and the barrel nut was crossthreaded, now this was 3 years ago they may have improved some things. My understanding is that these are just Century 870 clones being imported by NEF. For the money I would go with a maverick 88, in my neck of the woods Wally has them for 187.00

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
This was last years project. Pardner protector in 12ga. All the accessories are made for the 870. Loved the gun and it shot like a dream.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.