Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I should add this in hunting and fishing but since it has to do with gear I figured it should be here, So on October 28th I killed a Raccoon that was trying to eat my chickens. I heard a noise in my coop and went to look and caught a massive **** in my coop trying to eat one of my birds. I had my AR pistol ready and fired a couple shots and hit her in the lungs. She died within seconds, she must of been 30 pounds easy. Well I'm from the city and I've never shot a wild animal outside of trying to hunt or killing rats. I mentioned to my wife I could skin the raccoon and tan it's hide since it was such a nice sized animal it would be a shame to waste it. My wife immediately encouraged me to do it, I had never skinned an animal before this. I skinned it, fleshed it, soaked it in a salt bath then fleshed it some more and it was finally ready for the final wash and the actual tanning process. It was a labor some and tiring process but I'm so proud of myself for doing it correctly with minimal errors. I gathered materials together and a new tail cause I ruined the original and decided to turn my pelt into a bump helmet cover. All and all it turned out great so I hope y'all enjoy. I give you the TactiCoon and my AR the Garbage Rod.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
I thought I should add this in hunting and fishing but since it has to do with gear I figured it should be here, So on October 28th I killed a Raccoon that was trying to eat my chickens. I heard a noise in my coop and went to look and caught a massive **** in my coop trying to eat one of my birds. I had my AR pistol ready and fired a couple shots and hit her in the lungs. She died within seconds, she must of been 30 pounds easy. Well I'm from the city and I've never shot a wild animal outside of trying to hunt or killing rats. I mentioned to my wife I could skin the raccoon and tan it's hide since it was such a nice sized animal it would be a shame to waste it. My wife immediately encouraged me to do it, I had never skinned an animal before this. I skinned it, fleshed it, soaked it in a salt bath then fleshed it some more and it was finally ready for the final wash and the actual tanning process. It was a labor some and tiring process but I'm so proud of myself for doing it correctly with minimal errors. I gathered materials together and a new tail cause I ruined the original and decided to turn my pelt into a bump helmet cover. All and all it turned out great so I hope y'all enjoy. I give you the TactiCoon and my AR the Garbage Rod.
Nice shot, KID

Below is me teaching moonZ how to rock that look...

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,008 Posts
I appreciate it, that was a lot of work and definitely a labor of love. I spent about 6 hrs alone just fleshing it.
Here's why I said "KID"

LOL

But yes, nice shot, great job of tanning that hide!! COOL HELMET!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's why I said "KID"

LOL

But yes, nice shot, great job of tanning that hide!! COOL HELMET!! View attachment 74557
It's ok, I know I look young plus there's plenty of people here older than me. I let the beard grow out quite a bit since then so at least I look like a semi adult now lol I've been running 4 miles 3x a week so I'm down a bunch of weight too so that don't help

·
Super Moderator
5,286 Posts
Daniel Boone - 21st Century style! New twist on the coonskin cap.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Business in the front, party in the back!! I like it!

Reactions: Newman31B

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
Daniel Boone - 21st Century style! New twist on the coonskin cap.
You beat me to it, except I was going to say Davie Crockett!

·
Premium Member
36,314 Posts
That absolutely rocks!

Reactions: Newman31B
1 - 14 of 14 Posts