Tagged Out!

Discussion in 'Grip and Grins' started by Rachgier, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Day 4 of the season.

60 yards, missed twice. Put the 3rd through his neck and dropped him. Walked up and put the 4th through his lungs to end his suffering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rerun likes this.
  2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice!....... 60 is a stretch

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Nice antalope, how long did the stalking take.

4. Rachgier

Pure luck. 2 minutes. It was bedded down next to the road, jumped up, ran a bit, stopped, and stood there looking at me like I was stupid.

Rerun likes this.
  5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Supporting Member

Idaho
    Atta boy Rach! 60 yards is a long shot. Good work

6. Rachgier

You aren't kidding. I put 1 under and 1 over. My third shot to the neck put him down but I thought it was a miss, so I went charging up to where I last saw him lay down and saw him kicking and trying to get up so I put the 4th high behind the shoulders. Got both lungs and it was over.

During the processing we saw the neck shot clipped his wind pipe and an artery, so he was done, but if he had gotten his feet under him it could have been a long track job.

Got a better shot of his horns.
    [​IMG]

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ever think, a few years ago, that you'd be shooting antelope, out where they and the deer roam?:p

Do you have a 60 yard pin? Or were you splitting the differences?

8. Rachgier

5-pin sight set from 20 to 70. The shot was kind of uphill with a slight crosswind. String slapped the f*** out of myself on the first shot. Second shot was a rush. Told myself to calm the fudge down and breath before the third shot.

And no. Three years ago I would not have believed you if you had told me I was going to be bow hunting pronghorn out west, 15 minutes from my house.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Well, congratulations, brother, you are living the dream!:)

Hey, we won our first game of the year, Friday night lights are upon us! Your boy still doing it?

10. Rachgier

One boy? I've got 2 of her's in cross country this year, and Johnny's twin brother Bobby strapped on the pads this year too. They're both wrestling this year as well.

Today was their first full contact practice and bub channeled his inner bulldozer. The offensive line couldn't keep him out of the backfield, and the defensive line couldn't keep him in it.

For him never having played before, I was impressed. Johnny got a little jealous that the coach was praising his brother and started knocking the stuffing out of people for the rest of the practice.

11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Damn. Even your wildlife is white trash. Next time you see one holding its antler together with duct tape, keep looking. Damn thing's gonna taste like beer & cheetos.

Rerun likes this.
  12. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Texas
  13. Rachgier

59.9 gross score, 58.5 net. 13 5/8" spread. Not quite a Pope and Young, but we're headed in the right direction.

Rerun likes this.
  14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You say that like it's a bad thing....:eek:

There's a reason most folks make speed goats into jerky, and not much else.;)

15. Rachgier

Not a single piece of jerky made out of my other antelope. I got over 30lbs out of him and none of it will be jerky.

16. Grant

Grant Member

Nice shot. That's a good distance at a smaller target.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Silly easterner...get a few hundred pounds of elk and venison in your freezer, and you'll learn that antelope just isn't worth it.:p

Some guys also use antelope meat for sausage, like pepperoni or summer sausage. Or hamburger to put in chili or spaghetti sauce.

But usually, it's a few chops, maybe a roast or two for some long slow cooking, and grind and process everything else. They just tend to be tough. Not to mention the strong flavor.;)

But I guess some guys like eating sage brush...:D

Rerun likes this.
  18. Rachgier

I've got 50lbs of elk and venison in my freezer, another 50lbs of pork, and 50lbs in prime cuts of grass fed all natural beef as well. See, I finally found a use for my particular skill(s) set and ranchers love not having to pay cash for them. Thursday I secured exclusive hunting rights on 100 acres of prime land along the river by my house to hunt white tail. It only cost me two bullets. I'm currently working on securing a private land owner plains elk tag from the same rancher.

Pistolkitty and Rerun like this.
  19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Excellent! You'll get it figured out.:D

20. Rachgier

It's just too bad turkey tags are draw only near my house. He's got dozens of them on his property.