Take Me Home, Country Roads

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, May 3, 2008.

1. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8nDdPM_Qk&feature=related[/ame]

Almost heaven, west virginia
    Blue ridge mountains
    Shenandoah river -
    Life is old there
    Older than the trees
    Younger than the mountains
    Growin like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
    To the place I belong
    West virginia, mountain momma
    Take me home, country roads

All my memories gathered round her
    Miners lady, stranger to blue water
    Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
    Misty taste of moonshine
    Teardrops in my eye

To the place I belong

I hear her voice
    In the mornin hour she calls me
    The radio reminds me of my home far away
    And drivin down the road I get a feelin
    That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

To the place I belong

To the place I belong
    Take me home, now country roads
    Take me home, now country roads

This song makes me want to go get in a convertible, and drive through the maryland/virginian mountains. It for me is the perfect song to listen to while driving in a pickup truck with a bunch of friends (and in my case, co-workers) on the way to go do good for America :). Makes me feel motivated to help other people, and when I'm having a beer or two it helps take me away to a relaxing mountaintop. It's a staple of most of my playlists... It's a shame JD died, such a bright future ahead of him. Take me home, country roads :).

2. I like hearing the song too. John died doing something he loved, so I guess the country road did take him home, in a sense.

3. I have always liked John Denver... Good stuff.

4. Yeah, that takes me back, too.

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Roger that a bunch.

6. I live on a country road.Yea it is great to be here.

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Well Scortch it But I never Liked Denver.

8. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

BOO!! HISS!! Bad boy! NOT like John Denver? :shock: Oh my what will we do with you, you whippersnapper you! The best voice ever to grace the airwaves! Oh well to each his own :wink: :lol:

9. Maybe its just us old fuddy duddies, but I thought he had a wonderful voice, especially for the type of music he sang.

True, he would not have made it in the rap or heavy metal world, but for what he sang he was one of the best.

10. People I know who hate country still love JD. Truly a legend.

11. I am not a country fan at all, rock and roll all the way ;) But I still liked John Denver.

12. John Denver IS NOT a country singer. Not even close. His Genre is actually Folk Music.

13. Well, I was trying to group him into one of the big mainstream ones.

14. he doesnt need to be grouped with any big mainstream nothing. he was one of a kind. I listen to country, and if it aint old country it aint country. but John Denver was on a very short list of singers who I would listen to. he was something great to hear. and he wrote most of what he sang. a real talent. gone too soon, will be missed

15. biganimal

biganimal Guest

I listen to everything 6o's & 70's rock and a bunch of country. my kind of country is jerry jeff walker, hank, and the man in black to name a few. and Denver will get your toes a tappin...........

16. I never listened to much of anything he did, but I have heard that song numerous times, and I like it. It gives me a sense of nostalgia and a need to be in the wilderness away from crime, politics, and the general BS we all must deal with in life.

17. so true.

18. Very well put. The song did make you want to be out walking on a country road. Which thank god I can do every day at the end of my driveway if I want to.

I dont envy you city guys at all.

20. Nah, anything about country living is not a hi-jack :). Listening to it in the truck on the way to work tomorrow... me and 3 lesbians, kinda nice being able to check out all the country girls together lol.