Take my CCW class today

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by mej24, Oct 24, 2015.

1. mej24

mej24 Member

Well, I am finally getting to take my CCW class today!! Going with about a dozen people from my church, some who have had very little experience with guns, much less hand guns.
    For about two weeks now, a few of them have been going with me and my wife for practice, but I'm no instructor and have been struggling with trigger control on this .38 I am going to use.
    So prayers/ good vibes, whatever you subscribe too for me today please.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Little word of advise:
    Pay attention to the legal stuff they tell you.
    Ask questions about when where and how.
    Anybody can shoot a gun, this is about being a responsible gun owner.
    If they offer booklets for sale with the state law explained, buy it.
    In Orlando FL there is a pro 2nd attorney who specializes in shooting cases. He's written several books with legal advise and case law.
    Still need to buy it lol
    Above all enjoy the course.

3. good vibs will be with you all day.
    enjoy the ccw class and remember to listen to the teacher...:splits:

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I said a PRAYER for you & your church family today!

The responsibility of carry a firearm is over whelming!
    I will PRAY you will NEVER have to use your gun!!!
    But with the LORD beside you, you will have NO problems with this meager test!

5. mej24

mej24 Member

Well, on break right now, so far so good.
    Thanks every one for the advice and well wishes!

6. Fracman

Fracman Member

Are one of those guys that asks 100 questions that makes every safety class last that extra day. Or the guy that has to tell a story about everything you have done or seen. I am the guy who sits quietly then finish the test first with a score of 100%.

7. SWAGA

Good on you Frac, but this is about spending the rest of your life in jail or not.

8. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Good luck. Like the man said, listen carefully. Also listen for the instructors opinionated statements. Some like to throw opinions in to the actual course material. If you have to think about it, ask him if it's his opinion or not. Always ask for clarification of anything you don't understand. It may mean the difference between jail time or not. As we all know, opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. Some are one. Also, if you have to wet fire at the range, stand behind all the newbies and keep a sharp eye on their muzzles. They do stupid things without thinking. No-one should be handling a weapon unless they are on the firing line. Trust me on this. Been there, seen it. :foilhat:

9. mej24

mej24 Member

Better believe we are asking questions! We got some women who have little to no expierence shooting handguns except what I have shown them in the past two weeks. Haven't gotten into all the legal stuff yet, but all is going well, on the way to the range now.
    This is a private class, so we have these guys all day. I'm gonna learn everything I can from the teacher, and not rely on Google- fu.

10. mej24

mej24 Member

The instructor is retired Marine, talked a little bit about the Beriut bombings. Also the RSO is former Marine and LEO, another instructor identified himself as "private military ", what ever that means.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Good for you. Let him ask all the questions he wants. That's what the class is for to learn. So that makes you the know it in class that rolled his eyes at every question. Now go to the office and eat some of your bacon.

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Mercenary.

13. SWAGA

Wannabe.....

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

zackly

what fake ass says private military. dude was a cook. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Could be Mall Security.

16. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Blart, Mall Cop :rofl:

17. mej24

mej24 Member

Wasn't Steven Segal "only the cook" in one movie?

18. mej24

mej24 Member

Well, all 11 in the group passed. Only one person even missed a question.
    Will post a few pics when I get a better connection.

19. mej24

mej24 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1445741391.412643.jpg
    Had us shoot at 3,5,and 7 yards, 10 rounds at each distance. Didn't feel to bad since I used the Rossi that I bought just 2 weeks ago.
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1445741572.770837.jpg
    This is my wife's target using the SCCY 9mm.
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1445741624.310734.jpg
    This is my pastor's wife, used an older Ruger .22, and out shoot all of us, including her son. Not bad considering that She had never shot a handgun before this week!!

20. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Congrats!! Now keep up that practice!