Talked to MKS yesterday - 3895 ships in June

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by PlinkyMcGee, Apr 1, 2015.

1. PlinkyMcGee

PlinkyMcGee Member

I'm eager to get one of the new .380 carbines! I think it will be an awesome little low-profile (i.e. very quiet) backyard plinker.

Yesterday I phoned up MKS supply and talked to the gal there for a bit. She says that they are not yet actually in production :eek:, but they are planning to start shipping in mid June :cool:.

2. interesting, I bought a 995ts a month ago.
    The box it came in had a check box for 995TS or 3895TS.

The box company must be on top of things.
    unlike the warranty card people. :rofl:

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I can "Hold my Breath" that long???

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I'm telling ya, that thing will sell like hot cakes.
    I would have considered one myself if it hadn't been for my gravitation towards a 4595

5. MachoMelvin

I have already gravitated to 3 - 4595's, it's time to move on now!

6. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

380 is almost a baby 45. It will feel right at home!

On a side note, my birthday is the middle of june, think they planned it this way just for my birthday present?

7. Hell no.They planned it for Fathers Day!

8. PlinkyMcGee

PlinkyMcGee Member

In a lot of ways, you're really right. I have a Colt Mustang 380, and I always think to myself that it looks like a 1911 that got picked before it was ripe! I think that the 380 is a neat round...it's like the little 9MM that could. (But maybe I'm just a sucker for weird guns in mouse calibers..one of my favorite pistols ever was my old Astra Cub .22 short...that was like a 1911 that had just sprouted.)

I'm pretty stoked about the upcoming 380 carbine. I'm actually putting one on pre-order from my LGS. I've never done that before...but I want to be one of the first in line for the 380 carbine. If they sell a ton of them, right on. If it's a complete flop, well, I'll still have one!

One of the reasons I'm enthused is the probability of it being fairly quiet. My 4095 is very tame sounding when shooting TulaAmmo (about like a .22 it seems), and I bet the same will be even more true with the 380.

The wife and I run a horse boarding/riding/training operation, so I particularly value somewhat quiet shooting. One, I don't want to alarm our clients with loud gunfire, and two, the horses get all worked up when they're in the small paddocks and you start blasting away with anything much louder than a .22; if they are in the big fields they don't seem to care near as much..(I believe it's because horses are essentially prey animals, so if they can run away from something that scares them they don't get as worked up as when they feel like they're trapped...)

Anyway, I hope Hi Point gets cracking on this new batch of carbines they've teased us with. I want to put one on a radical weight-loss program, and make a folding stock TMP style carbine. It'll be neat.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Oh Yea. An original idea.

Attached Files:

10. PlinkyMcGee

PlinkyMcGee Member

Heh. Yeah, it's not a very original idea. But then again, neither is a lot of the stuff we love to do so much! ;)

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Well nobody's stolen this one, yet.

[​IMG]

For the record, that TMPish 995 is mine.

12. PlinkyMcGee

PlinkyMcGee Member

You did a great job on that 995 TMP carbine. It really looks slick. There's a lot I'd like to ask you about the process.

For starters, do you think an AMD-65 AK wire folding stock would be suitable for mounting? [​IMG]

I have one of these lying around, but I'm new to Hi Points, and I haven't opened up my 4095 fully yet to explore the possibilities..I'm having a lot of fun shooting it still.

13. MachoMelvin

That's a Pittsburgh Steelers 9mm, NOBODY wants that!

14. cicpup

Vermont
    You'd have to test fit it, but you can probably use any folder that doesn't block the trigger or ejection port.

Attached Files:

15. cicpup

Vermont
    Nope. It clearly says "PacMan".

[​IMG]

And you want to talk about stealing ideas? I hadn't even finished my 4595 monkey gun and you were all over it.

16. MachoMelvin

This time next week I'll have the Classic 4595 in black & the Camo, to go with the TS. What do think a 4595 Classic Chrome next?

17. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I think it's likely to have a soft report as well. From what I can gather, most 380 loads start running out of steam at about a 14 or 15 inch barrel, which means that all the powder will be burned before it exits the 16 1/2 inch barrel. Should be almost no muzzle flash also. Looking forward to getting mine.