Talon Grips

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Beergut, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Beergut

Beergut Member

NC
    I recently inquired about possibly making the sandpaper/rubber grips for the Hi-Point Carbine. The response was that there is not enough demand at this time to justify making them. I have Talon Grips on my Ruger P-95 and I really like them. If anybody is interested please make a request at the following link:

http://talongungrips.com/grip-request.html

2. Good idea, I just made a request on their site. :):eek:

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Don't have a carbine, but I do have a Talon grip on my Shield and I really like it, so I definitely think they would be a good addition to a carbine.

4. The rubber grips are available for any gun on Amazon. They are the ones I used for my wife's SMC 380. IIRC they are less than ten dollars.

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I thought I have seen something like these already??

6. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

I have a hogue grip on my 995ts.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :p

:welcome:beergut!!!

Making an Impact already! :D

8. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Actually, it's purple! :mad::confused::p

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Traction Grips make overlays for the HI Points. About $10 per set.

10. Beergut

Beergut Member

NC
    Thank you, thank you very much

11. thingmeister

thingmeister Member

Pardon my confusion. How do you put grips on the carbine? Other than a wrap.

12. greg_r

Overlays. Don't think they come pre-cut for the carbine so you need to just get a sheet. They do come pre-cut for the HI Point pistols.

13. Beergut

Beergut Member

NC
    Thanks for the link. Those look good. I will check them out. The reason I like the Talon grips is because they don't add to the size of the grip (unlike the Hogue Handall). The Tuff website claims not to add size. Have you used them?

14. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Have you tried a bicycle inner tube?

15. greg_r

What Cicpup says. I like the overlays because they are secure and add negligible bulk to the grip. I have never seen a slip-on that did not add noticeable girth to the grip, but sometimes that's what you want. A couple of dollars for a bicycle innertube will make a lot of slip ons.

16. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I have used a Limbsaver Pro and a Butler Creek slip on grip, and currently have a Talon grip. I definitely like the Talon as far as looks..it really looks factory. I do prefer the feel of the slip ons though.

I think all things considered, in the future, ill stick with the Talons.

Just my preference, but I have never seen a slip on grip that I liked the way it looked on the gun it was on

17. I have theses on several firearms and they do not add to the girth of the grip.. they are like a condom and that is how you put them on, very comfortable and excellent no slip grip...

18. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Perfect for the 20 round mag lol :rolleyes:

19. Trojan grips?