Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
@SuperMario

How is the Tanfoglio gt380 project going? I am fairly certain I have the components to rebuild one. However the frame I got, came with a slide and I can't get the slide off.
Get a bigger hammer

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
Try working some WD-40 on the slide & barrel

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had to put on hold all projects due to now working nights, with off times taking care of family affairs.
Since mine was in a fire, I knew the slide was useless, so I used a chisel and hammer to get the slide moving before it could slide off.

If yours is in good shape, here are the steps:

-Remove the magazine.
-Clear the pistol.
-rotate the take down lever (left side, above the trigger), from pointing toward the 3:00 position to the 9:00 position.
-Cock the hammer.
-pull the slide toward the rear, lift up and over the barrel as you pull the slide forward and off.
-Reverse to reassemble.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@SuperMario

Thank you for steps, they are pretty close to what I thought they would be. The problem is the slide is on but the takedown lever is not there and the hammer is missing as well, see pictures below. I also don't have a magazine yet.

I tried to install the takedown lever and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
@SuperMario

Thank you for steps, they are pretty close to what I thought they would be. The problem is the slide is on but the takedown lever is not there and the hammer is missing as well, see pictures below. I also don't have a magazine yet.

I tried to install the takedown lever and it didn't seem to make a difference.
The take down lever won't come out unless you remove the recoil spring first.
If there is no spring and the slide doesn't move, then is stuck. You'll need some elbow grease to loosen that up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The take down lever won't come out unless you remove the recoil spring first.
If there is no spring and the slide doesn't move, then is stuck. You'll need some elbow grease to loosen that up.

The slide does move back and forth. Almost seems like there is a spring in there.

It came without a takedown lever. The parts kits I bought had one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts