Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has become one of my favorite revolvers. No, it will never replace my Ruger SP101, but it has become what's with me almost every day. The cylinders exchange very easily. It has a cylinder release that reminds me very much of the magazine release on a MSR. 7 rounds of 357 magnum or 38 special goodness with 9mm just a button push away. 9mm will fire with or without the moon clip. Without the moon clip the cases obviously have to be poked out from the front of the cylinder.

It is a somewhat heavy revolver. The weight and the rubber grips combined make this a very comfortable revolver to shoot. The grips, by the way, are just big enough to give me a full 3 finger hold. The trigger is surprisingly good. Single action is crisp and double action is surprisingly smooth. It could be a touch lighter, but it's not bad. I will leave it just as it is and not mess with it. Lockup is tight as a bank vault with either cylinder. No perceptible movement at all.

The sights are easy on my tired old eyes. The adjustable rear is a flat black with a good sharp notch, the front is a black blade with an orange insert. The front sight blade is pinned in. It is accurate. Something I was worried about as I had heard reports to the contrary. I have only shot it out to 20 yards or a little further. All shots so far have been at the indoor range. 2 inches seems to be the norm at 20 yards from a standing position with a 2 handed hold. Surprisingly the 9mm seems to have the edge in accuracy, but just barely. It has only shot my handloads. 125 grain 9mm Truncated Cone sized to .356, 38 Special 158 cast RF sized to .358, and 357 Magnum 158 cast SWC sized to .358. No leading has occurred either, something I was expecting.
1EC79B14-0A5C-486D-8242-11DA3F85533F.jpeg

Reactions: moona11 and Rerun

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
Comfort is a good thing, no leading? Might be a smooth bore!!! :p Or it's that pretreatment of Motorkote you did.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
This has become one of my favorite revolvers. No, it will never replace my Ruger SP101, but it has become what's with me almost every day. The cylinders exchange very easily. It has a cylinder release that reminds me very much of the magazine release on a MSR. 7 rounds of 357 magnum or 38 special goodness with 9mm just a button push away. 9mm will fire with or without the moon clip. Without the moon clip the cases obviously have to be poked out from the front of the cylinder.

It is a somewhat heavy revolver. The weight and the rubber grips combined make this a very comfortable revolver to shoot. The grips, by the way, are just big enough to give me a full 3 finger hold. The trigger is surprisingly good. Single action is crisp and double action is surprisingly smooth. It could be a touch lighter, but it's not bad. I will leave it just as it is and not mess with it. Lockup is tight as a bank vault with either cylinder. No perceptible movement at all.

The sights are easy on my tired old eyes. The adjustable rear is a flat black with a good sharp notch, the front is a black blade with an orange insert. The front sight blade is pinned in. It is accurate. Something I was worried about as I had heard reports to the contrary. I have only shot it out to 20 yards or a little further. All shots so far have been at the indoor range. 2 inches seems to be the norm at 20 yards from a standing position with a 2 handed hold. Surprisingly the 9mm seems to have the edge in accuracy, but just barely. It has only shot my handloads. 125 grain 9mm Truncated Cone sized to .356, 38 Special 158 cast RF sized to .358, and 357 Magnum 158 cast SWC sized to .358. No leading has occurred either, something I was expecting.
View attachment 66949
My next revolver.

eldar

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Rerun
1 - 6 of 6 Posts