Taurus Agrees To $39 Million Settlement In Defective Pistol Case

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by blazinbrazer, Jul 27, 2015.

1. just wanted to pass this along incase we have any Taurus owners who hadn't seen or heard of this yet.

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/gu...-million-settlement-in-defective-pistol-case/

"Brazil-based handgun maker Taurus has agreed to a $39 million settlement in a class action lawsuit alleging some of the company's most popular semi-automatic handguns can discharge when dropped and have a defective safety that allows the gun to fire even when it's engaged."

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Whew!.... Not mine!

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Well damn... I have a 24/7 .40... looks like a call to Taurus is in my future!!

4. Mine are safe....

5. Kiln

Kiln Member

That's too bad, some of their most comfortable and compact designs are on that list.

6. histed

histed Supporting Member

OK, that answers my questions about buying a 111. Guess I'll go with the KT P 9 or P 11.

7. Kiln

Kiln Member

The P11 isn't technically drop safe. A hard enough drop on the muzzle could cause it to fire because of the design. The PF9 is, if I remember correctly, but it is much less comfortable to shoot than the P11 and has a lower capacity.

8. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

The article says the G2 models arent included in the recall. The current model PT111 is a G2. I have one...lol !!!

9. Glad to see that because I really like my PT111 G2. Even thinking about buying another one for my wife.

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have been aware of the Taurus unsafe drop law suit for some time. Decided at that time not to buy any semi-auto. But I recently did buy a Taurus .357 revolver. Excellent pistol.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are nice guns I like the blued upper and green lower myself
    PM if you want more help
    Signed your
    Daddy :p:p:p:rofl::rofl::rofl: