Taurus curve

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ace, Oct 21, 2015.

1. ace

ace Member

Just wanted to see what everybody thought are on a bent gun?

Attached Files:

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

It's quite possibly the ugliest handgun ever made. I really don't think I would ever own one. that's just me though.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Not only is it ugly, but the lack of symmetry will cause it to basically be a different gun when fired from one hand as opposed to the other. I don't like that.

4. Dagwood

That is true as well. I didn't even think about that. Just another reason I wouldn't buy one.

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Are they even being sold to the public yet?

6. Branth

Branth Member

I admit I'm curious. I wanna try one!

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Of course the bi guy wants to have something curved in his hand.

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You offering Rach?:D

9. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

No go for us leftys.

But I could see a market for it as a SD for those individuals that just wants something for the pocket/purse and who is not a hobbyist like most of us.

I wonder if the learning curve (pun intended) for a newbie would be quicker on this than on a standard, straight grip?

10. Dagwood

It is available for sale, I have seen it in my AO. I think there might be some issues with it. Google it.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I really applaud them for being innovative. I'm not sure I like it. I mean, I kinda want to like it because it appeals to me that it's so different. But there's something about it that is also just a bit off-putting.

I'm also not sure that the shape of the grip would do anything beneficial for felt recoil.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

As far as comfort while being carried, its probably great. As far as any other imaginable option, its probably not.

13. I would like to shoot one, to see what its like.

But i imagine it just plain sucks.

and i own a SW body guard. pocket .380 and i love it

14. Branth

Branth Member

Well, for the goof-offs who never shoot their carry gun, it's perfect.

15. ace

ace Member

I would like to shoot one just to see what its like. I kinda wondered if it would make you pull left or maybe right or hell I don't know I've never shot a curved gun. Anyway it kinda looks like a pepper spray gun eh?

16. Kiln

Kiln Member

Well with no actual sights, it is probably a "spray" gun at 25 yards. Don't see the appeal. There are other guns out there that are concealable AND accurate.

17. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

It actually shoots pretty good. Only 2 magazines, 12 rounds through one at 7 and 10 yards, but those 12 rounds all went where they were supposed to go. It has sights of a sort, a set of crossed lines you sort of point at the target. Plus an integral laser. It's accurate enough at self defense range. Certainly won't outshoot my Bersa, or my TCP, but good is good enough I guess. Not a 25 yard gun, but really, what pocket pistol is?

I'm not going to rush out and buy one, I'm happy with what I have, but it's not really a bad idea. I applaud Taurus for thinking out of the box.

18. beaglenc

beaglenc Member

Not something for me, but as others said, hat's off to Taurus for trying something new. They have done it before....didn't they come out with the first of the 7 round revolvers? Cannot recall.

19. osbornk

osbornk Hillbilly on a motorcycle Member

How many people ever shoot with their non-dominate hand? I don't and don't know anyone who does. I found that trying to shoot accurately with my left hand is pretty futile. I think it is pretty much a TCP internally. I have a TCP and like it and I see no reason to get a Curve. You can hide a TCP better than most concealed guns. I have to remind myself I have it with me.