Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the well-worn path that Kel Tec began with the P11 and Sig revitalized with their striker-fired P365 has continued to grow. The Springfield Hellcat, the SCCY DVG-1, and others are crowding this market. Now Taurus has entered it with the GX4. A tiny trifle larger than the P11 and the same size as the P365, the GX4 is:

Barrel Length: 3.06”​
Overall Length: 6.05”​
Overall Width: 1.08”​
Overall Height: 4.4”​
Weight: 18.5 oz. (unloaded)​
MSRP: $392.42​

Here's an article:

Some pictures:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
Wonder if it still has the "taurus trigger"?

Reactions: TNTRAILERTRASH

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Of it does its still better then the P11 trigger. The P11 is the last gun I willingly bring to the range anymore. It's now a car gun.

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They redesigned the trigger. Now it's a more standard SAO. If you trust TFB, he likes the new trigger better than the standard Glock trigger (or at least that's what he said on the video).

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
They redesigned the trigger. Now it's a more standard SAO. If you trust TFB, he likes the new trigger better than the standard Glock trigger (or at least that's what he said on the video).

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Well....I can agree with that. Of course almost anything is better than a GLOCK trigger.

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
Interesting........

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
The trigger looks like it’s NOT the typical Taurus trigger. And made in GA. Liking it better all the time. I still think the Ruger Max9 will be the better of the two. If for no other reason than it will take a reflex sight. That is really the only reason I would be interested in another 9mm pisto.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trigger looks like it’s NOT the typical Taurus trigger. And made in GA. Liking it better all the time. I still think the Ruger Max9 will be the better of the two. If for no other reason than it will take a reflex sight. That is really the only reason I would be interested in another 9mm pisto.
Most Taurus watchers believe that they will come out with a "TORO" version soon.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: greg_r

·
Registered
850 Posts
So the well-worn path that Kel Tec began with the P11 and Sig revitalized with their striker-fired P365 has continued to grow. The Springfield Hellcat, the SCCY DVG-1, and others are crowding this market. Now Taurus has entered it with the GX4. A tiny trifle larger than the P11 and the same size as the P365, the GX4 is:

Barrel Length: 3.06”​
Overall Length: 6.05”​
Overall Width: 1.08”​
Overall Height: 4.4”​
Weight: 18.5 oz. (unloaded)​
MSRP: $392.42​

Here's an article:

Some pictures:
View attachment 73185
View attachment 73186
View attachment 73187

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I was in a Facebook group with the current CEO of Taurus and he was talking about how well he thought this pistol turned out and how he personally is working on their QC in the factories and that he believes it's leaps and bounds better. Hopefully the reviews will pour in and we can find out.

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the street price ends up around $300, I'm interested. And I don't even want another 9mm.
Right now, you're not going to find a street price lower than MSRP.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Newman31B

·
Super Moderator
28,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Newman31B

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Wonder how it does against the 709 Slim I have? The slim is a tad longer/taller but .08" narrower than the GX4. 709 Slim is 7+1.

I like my 709, but if I don't pull the trigger absolutely straight back, I feel it rub/catch against something in the frame.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts