Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone carry either of these and if so, how's it feel? Thinking about picking one of these and making it my new carry gun. I currently have a Bersa Thunder CC. I still like it, but want to roll with something else.

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Anyone carry either of these and if so, how's it feel? Thinking about picking one of these and making it my new carry gun. I currently have a Bersa Thunder CC. I still like it, but want to roll with something else.
Before you buy either one, rent one or at least go to a gun shop that will let you dry fire. I thought that I didn't mind but after a while I hated the way the trigger was all the way back at the frame before it would fire.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
I carry a G3 sometimes in the winter - not the G3C, it's bigger brother. Fits my hand well, goes bang,but mine CAN be finicky with reloads. It like a very specific crimp/length. Knowing that, I use factory ammunition ONLY for carry in this one. Take Kirk's advice, though. Shoot before buying. I like the trigger better than the SD9VE or Ruger S9. YMMV

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I carry a G2S and I'm very fond of it, I carry it in a composite IWB holster and it fits my smallish hands perfectly and shoots very well for me. I have no complaints about the trigger on mine.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have 2 G2's (one is my wife's gun) but I carry neither. Strictly range guns. My summer EDC is a LCPII and my winter EDC is a EC9S.

Reactions: Hipointer

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I have 2 G2's (one is my wife's gun) but I carry neither. Strictly range guns. My summer EDC is a LCPII and my winter EDC is a EC9S.
My friend, that bought me the thickest and heaviest boning knife known to man, just bought the limited edition gold rose LCPII after I let her try out a friend's. Complete gun novice. Such a tiny handgun. I can literally only fit my trigger finger and middle finger on the grip. My ring finger only half fits on the mag extension, and I can pull the trigger with my thumb. Lol

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
I like the way the Taurus G2 - G3 feels in the hand, but hate the trigger which is why I won’t own one. I think those with smaller hands don’t have the trigger issue that those with larger hands do.

Reactions: RandyB

·
What the Hell was that?
669 Posts
I have a G2C, and haven’t had any problems with it, except for nowhere to put my pinky finger. Resolved that issue with a 13rd Sig 228 magazine. It gives me somewhere to put my finger, and gives me 1 extra round.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have three G2c pistols. One for the truck, one for the car, and one for IWB carry in warm weather. (In cooler weather, I carry a SIG M11a1 in a OWB holster concealed by a cover garment.) I love the G2c guns. I shoot them all at the range; and have never had a malfunction. The trigger pull can be a little funky on the first round DA pull; but nothing that doesn't get better with familiarity. After reset on subsequent rounds it is perfect for me.

Sorry, I can't speak about the G3c...I have never even held one in my hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts