Tax rebate

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Spot, Mar 16, 2008.

1. As you may have heard the Bush Administration said each and every one of us would now get a nice rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will all go to the Arabs, if we purchase a computer it will all go to India, if we purchase fruit and vegetables it will all go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatamala, if we purchase a good car it will all go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will all go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America, so the only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer, since those are the only businesses still in the US. :roll:

2. Just check the label and make sure its "MADE IN THE USA".

Other ways:

* Buy from the local farmers market
    * Buy from your local artisan.
    * Go to a county fair.
    * Buy US bonds.
    * Buy some Prime US steaks.

There is a myriad of ways of buying US.

3. Easy answer, buy more Hi Points :roll:

4. Half of beer is imported, and most prostitutes are run by gangs from abroad (Russian Mafia, Chinese Triads, Japanese Yakuza, El Savadorian MS-13, etc.). Hi-Point, Remington, and Ruger are pretty much the way to go :)

5. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

Putting it in the bank ain't a bad idea either....

6. They are hoping that people do not do that because it is not doing what they hope it will for the economy.

7. If I get a Vietnamese hooker and a German import beer I'm defeating the purpose then ain't I? :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

9. Buy some ammo and sit on it, in the long run that may pay off better than just having a couple hundred extra bucks in your bank acct. You just never know.

10. Kyu

Kyu Senior Member Member

true true

11. MSCHU24

MSCHU24 Member

Where would strippers fall into the equation? :lol:

12. If they are US citizen, I guess that would meet the need, unless they left work and went straight to Walmart or to Turkey Hill for gas. If they are NOT citizens, then I think you're out of luck.

Man, this is tough...........

SPOT - excellent post. You've gone above and beyond adding value to the community and posing thoughtful, and well-meaning questions and observations. Well done, my friend.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Guess I will just have to buy that 995 I have been wanting to go with my c-9 and 4095. Maybe a remington shotgun and ammo with the rest. Just doing my part to help the country.

14. Carbin8r

Carbin8r Member

Best to make it soft round-nose then!! :shock:

:lol:

15. squeak_D

squeak_D Guest

Good topic! I plan on spending mine as well, but it's so hard to find US made products these days. It's really sad too because so many US companies have sold out. They've out-sourced their productions to other countries paying those workers much less than what they'd pay workers here, cutting their costs.., increasing their profits, then have the nerve to call themselves American Companies and get all patriotic when they feel it benefits their sales.

Sitting at my computer desk I picked up the two of the closest items to me. One being my daughters chap-stick. Yummy! Hershey flavored. American company right..., I took the tour in Hershey PA myself years ago..., the chap-stick has all the appropriate logo's and trademarks, then BAM! Made in Taiwan. We all know how strick Taiwan and other Asian countries are about quality control right :roll:

Then there's my bottle of Degree for Men. Made in the Philippines :? You can try, but finding USA made products is getting harder and harder. Sorry to go a little political, but that's one of the reasons I'll vote for Obama because he has a very strong position against out-sourcing and taking those tax breaks from companies that do and give them to companies that keep the jobs here in the USA. THAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROBS WITH OUR ECONOMY NOW! How can we keep the money flowing here when everything is being out-sourced???? How is this new tax rebate for everyone supposed to stimulate the economy when it'll most likely be stimulating the economies of other countries more than our own :evil:

16. Ridge

Ridge Member

Hookers and blow? :)

Nah, Im gonna probably buy an AK if I can find a deal...cant seem to find any used under $500 or new under $700...

17. Take the entire amount of $$$$ and spend it all on CANS of beer and invite a couple ladies over and when you are finished drinking it recycle the cans.
    Caution !!!
    The last time I did this the young lady got so drunk that she had her hose on her arms and when I kissed her she went PHOOOOTT.
    Spot

18. LMAO!!!!!!

You're SICK dude!!! LMAO!

19. Dreamthief

Dreamthief Senior Member Member

I'll use mine to pay off credit cards...I know...BORING lol

20. browwiw

browwiw Member

I'm going to do the same thing. The sooner I pay off that debt, the sooner I can get more debt with a motorcycle loan.

And as for spending your money on product A and it going to country B...well, welcome to the global economy. If you want them to buy our stuff, we have to buy their's.