Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital-stroke symptoms

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by NDS, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'll not comment beyond: I hope he has a speedy recovery and that he never returns to the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/17/kennedy.hospital/index.html

(CNN) -- Sen. Edward Kennedy was rushed to a hospital in Massachusetts Saturday morning, his office confirmed.

Sen. Ted Kennedy, shown in May 2007, was rushed to a hospital Saturday morning.

Kennedy was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston for evaluation after initial treatment at Cape Cod Hospital, a statement from his office said.

The senator spent less than an hour in the Cape Cod facility, hospital spokesman David Reilly said.

Massachusetts General said it had no information on Kennedy.

A well-informed Democratic source in Massachusetts said the 76-year-old senator had "symptoms of a stroke" at the Kennedy family compound in Hyannis Port.

An official with the Hyannis Fire Department said it received a 911 call from the Kennedy compound at 8:19 a.m. and transported a patient to the hospital, arriving at 8:50 a.m. The official would not be more specific.

Kennedy had surgery in October to clear his carotid artery in hopes of preventing a stroke. Colleagues said he had recovered quickly and was working energetically recently.

He suffers chronic back pain from injuries suffered in a plane crash in 1964.

Kennedy has represented Massachusetts in the Senate since 1962. He is one of only six senators in U.S. history to serve more than 40 years. He is known as a liberal champion of social issues such as health care, family leave, and the minimum wage.

He ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1980. He has endorsed Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for the 2008 nomination.

Obama said that his "thoughts and prayers" are with Kennedy.

"We are going to try to find out as quickly as possible what is going on," Obama said, and added that he would call Kennedy's wife, Vicky.

"He is one of my favorite people," Obama said.

Kennedy is the youngest of nine children in the famous family of Joseph and Rose Kennedy. His oldest brother, Joe, died in World War II; two other brothers, President John F. Kennedy and Sen. Robert Kennedy, were both assassinated in the 1960s.
    E-mail to a friend E-mail to a friend
    Share this on:
    Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon Myspace
    | Mixx it | Share

CNN's Joshua Levs contributed to this report.

2. Edited for content...:shock:

3. Honestly, thats about as respectful as I can get for Ted Kennedy. Not a big deal....

4. I was originally going to be all rude and crude and post something about dancing a jig and mention CHAPPAQUIDDICK and the death of Mary Jo but that would be really rude and I'm not going to do that and only echo NDS's comments.

5. Not my favorite person, like said above I hope he recovers and takes this as a hint to retire from politics and makes the world a better place by doing so.

6. freedom

freedom Member

I cant say I am sorry for the SOB

I hope he lives but if he does not I will not lose any sleep or shed a single tear over the jerks departure.

7. boo hoo. i hope he retires. i'll shut up now.

8. griff30

griff30 Member

Ted Kennedy
    Bleeding heart Liberal and horrible date.
    Nothing wrong with saying that?

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ok, going to violate policy on this one.....

This Liberal, along with many others, kicked his murdering arse to the curb long ago. That was the downfall of the Kennedy name.

Going to fade off now. Thanks.

10. I guess politics is ok when the administration all agrees... :roll:

I digress. Why on earth did they rush him? I'd have seen no reason not to stop at Home Depot to pick up some spring cleaning supplies. From there, onto the horse track. It's well known losing horses never leave the track alive. :lol:

11. Ah, Neo... That wasn't a political statement about dear old Ted... That was a statement of fact, and I for one tend to agree with it.... I don't see where Neo made reference to any political point of view or belief.... To be suspected of murder is a good enough reason to be banned from ANY social or work circle, whatever that work may be.

12. I bet Mary Jo Kopechne is laughing now....

13. No offense but we all see "facts" a little different with politicians. (In case of TK nothing seems illegal so what law did he break?) Personally I have no beef debating or discussing most any subject. But the above cannot be proven as fact. This is no different than any other "political" thread and, like most of the others, should be kept open for discussion. It's just the double standard that tickles my fancy, lol.

ETA: No need to reply to my incessant babbling either guys. I ain't mad at anyone here nor do I care to get that way. If you knew me personally you'd know I'm just needling you a little is all. BFF-Wildman. :lol:

14. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Really? Wow! What if you play lacrosse at Duke?

Just because you're accused of something, doesn't mean jack squat. You have to be proven guilty. There are so many falsely reported rapes, it's absolutely disgusting. It totally destroys a person's life, and the little **** who makes up the story, never has to own ANY responsibility for it.

There are all sorts of 'conspiracy theorists' out there, but very few reasonable people believe that this was murder.

Now, I absolutely LOATH Teddy Kennedy, and he's one of the very few people on this earth who I would go out to dinner in celebration of their death (Hillary Clinton is among them).

Whether you like the guy or not, your comment is inexcusable.

"Presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

15. I cannot comment properly on this. We need to get one of them little blue smilies that is laughing hard and slapping the table or the yellow version of the guy rolling on his back laughing and kicking his legs in the air. Until then, I'll keep my opinions to myself! :D

16. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

My grandma always taught me if i cant say anything nice dont say anything at all. I dont have anything to say about big Ted.

SW

17. UPDATE!

I was at the bank earlier depositing a check. They have a TV inside and they are now saying it was a seizure and the doctors are gonna keep him one more night to run some more tests just to be safe.

I don't care for the mans' stance on 2A issues, but I don't wish ill upon him. Just want him to leave the government altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.