Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,013 Posts
As much as I like my Browning Hi-Power, my TEOTWAWKI pistol would be my Springfield Armory XD Elite 9mm. My rifle would be my Norinco MAK 90 and my shotgun would be my Mossberg 500. In the event of a nuclear war I won't have to worry about weapons since I live less than one mile from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency which I'm sure is a high priority target for our enemies. In a nuclear war I would be a pile of dust and my weapons melted metal. I was not happy when the NGA moved into my neighborhood.
At least it would be quick. Not dragged out.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
As much as I like my Browning Hi-Power, my TEOTWAWKI pistol would be my Springfield Armory XD Elite 9mm. My rifle would be my Norinco MAK 90 and my shotgun would be my Mossberg 500. In the event of a nuclear war I won't have to worry about weapons since I live less than one mile from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency which I'm sure is a high priority target for our enemies. In a nuclear war I would be a pile of dust and my weapons melted metal. I was not happy when the NGA moved into my neighborhood.
LMFAO

I lived DOWNSTAIRS from a prime contractor for NGA quite some time ago. It really fed into the OL's paranoia when our phone would ring and these guys would take off from the kitchen every time. She thought they had tapped our landline, but then again our ringer was identical to theirs, and maybe they thought it was their phone on the second story? My solution was to get rid of the landline and simply use cell phones, 100%. Haven't had my own landline for nearly 2 decades (y)

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,093 Posts
LMFAO

I lived DOWNSTAIRS from a prime contractor for NGA quite some time ago. It really fed into the OL's paranoia when our phone would ring and these guys would take off from the kitchen every time. She thought they had tapped our landline, but then again our ringer was identical to theirs, and maybe they thought it was their phone on the second story? My solution was to get rid of the landline and simply use cell phones, 100%. Haven't had my own landline for nearly 2 decades (y)
Ya'll know that anybody in law enforcement tapping into a landline still requires a Warrant whereas cellphones are free game.

Rerun

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
Ya'll know that anybody in law enforcement tapping into a landline still requires a Warrant whereas cellphones are free game.

Rerun
It reduced my aggravation is all I know, win-win scenario. I actually talked her into believing we were likely SAFER living next to them! (y)

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,773 Posts
This MIGHT fit here,

PREPPING WITH GUNS, HONING OUR SYSTEMS FOR COMPATIBILITY & REDUNDANCY

I believe most of us at HPFF are pretty well set, so this thought exercise may be mostly academic. But creating good content to attract new members is always great for the site.

When I started out here @hpff, all I recall owning was a very short list, 2 C9 handguns, maybe a 995 (or did I get that after joining?) and my original AR15. Only had a handful of magazines for that first AR, and not really stacking the ammo yet. So my adventure had just begun!

One is none, Two is One, and Three is a Good Start...

There's my take on the old prepper motto.

I'm doubtful to find any glaring gaps in my firearms preps but certainly it will help to review. I might even "thin the herd" a bit but I'm not looking to do much. Call it consolidation. Like. @greg_r tries to do with calibers, about twice a year :ROFLMAO:

I suppose I could trade for more handgun compliance but Glunks are so boring, and I already have too many 9mm glunks but it makes sense to get back to at least 3 handguns which use the same magazine style, like the G17, G19, G34, and so many PCC in that universe. My AR9 pistol is also compatible... so that is one area I could improve.

Your input appreciated greatly, I'm pretty sure we don't have much time before the next shoe drops. It could be as small as another hit to the supply of guns, accessories and ammo, (very likely, imo) or a major event like SHTF and the resulting fallout from it. (less likely, imo)

To sum it up, I believe I could benefit from more redundancy, and possibly fewer platforms.
SOMETIMES MAYBE, just maybe, too much variety is not the best thing?

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
This MIGHT fit here,

PREPPING WITH GUNS, HONING OUR SYSTEMS FOR COMPATIBILITY & REDUNDANCY

SOMETIMES MAYBE, just maybe, too much variety is not the best thing?
Variety is never a bad thing. Unless you lack decisiveness, and can’t decide which one matches your outfit the best.

My guns aren’t just for me. They’re for my family. Lots of different people and different sizes and different ability levels. Lots of variety does a few things. It makes sure at least one will be useful for each person. It means repairing a gun is a waste of time. Just grab another one, and fix the dead one at a later point in time. It means I have large higher capacity weapons, and smaller conceal type weapons, and even smaller BUGs. And it means almost ANY ammo will be useful to us.

Finally, contrary to popular scenario building….any “one gun to do everything” is a compromise. No, the G19 isn’t the answer to life, the universe, and everything. No, 10 mm isn’t either. And a .22 most surely is not.

But any of those can be an answer to different specific parts of life after the SHTF.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
A glock 26, small to carry, lightweight and can use glock 26, 19, 17 and extended mags. Plus parts are easily available and i can use other glocks to source for parts or build a glock from mismatched parts

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
451 Posts
UPDATE! Haven't ya'll heard the 9mm is a very powerful and dangerous round. It'll blow the lungs right out of your body.

·
Super Moderator
9,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
UPDATE! Haven't ya'll heard the 9mm is a very powerful and dangerous round. It'll blow the lungs right out of your body.
I heard around here somewhere that it was more powerful than the 357 magnum.

·
Resident PITA
16,197 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Rerun and ajole

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
  • Wow

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,013 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten thatpart of the argument.
How that was the best part? Old age creeping up on you?

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,013 Posts
Wellness goes with preparedness... try UMZU Testro-X or even a bundle, it could make your turkey-bacon more Rambo-like :cool: 🎯 :cool:
Expensive piss.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts