Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whelp, I has done it this time.

While working for my new company I met a fellow who had him a small lot located in the unincorporated area of the county that was too small for him to do anything with - only an eighth of an acre.

We talked for a couple of weeks, and I talked with my credit union and I managed to get a loan for the piece that met everyone's expectations.

So, here I am contemplating what kind of home I want to put on it... It's going to be small - the lot is partially cleared and not much bigger than 50 x 100 feet.

I am partial to the Roman style homes that have four walls and an inner courtyard with fountain...

Maybe buy four used containers: two thirty footers and two twenty footers.

I dunno. Gotta think more about this...

Wish me luck.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Hay bales and concrete/stucco.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
$3 for straw bales in my AO.

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Add a dollar.

And that's for 75 pound bales.

Maybe buy a shed from the Home Depot...
They build on your site.

eldar

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lived in a ger (another name for yurt).

This part of Texas is too wet: 60-80 inches of rain per year.

No, maybe...

A steel building...

eldar

·
Super Moderator
9,959 Posts
My first house was a bungalow on a 75" x 150" lot. Bringing back memories! Wish I still had it really.

I would take a look at some of the "Caterina Cottages" plans, see if one fits your needs. I like a "Studio" style for a small place. The open floor plan just suites me. And don't throw away Rachgier idea of a Yurt just yet. Dosent have to be a tent. A friend has a mountain cabin near here that is nothing more than a stick built Yurt.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Trapper shack! I like the fact that my house has an open floor plan. 50 ft from my front door to the mudroom door of the back of the kitchen.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Are you moving to Texas or what??? Leaving eastern CO, or did I miss something?

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
Me, no. I'll be in Plano, TX next month, then trekking to NC to see my mother and grandmother. Mom retired and escaped NY for the greener fairways of Topsail in January. My grandmother just escaped NY bought a house in Wilmington.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
U of T campus, 3rd week of July? Dropping Zander off at the STEM space camp thing, then picking him up again at the end of the week on the way back from NC.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
U of T campus, 3rd week of July? Dropping Zander off at the STEM space camp thing, then picking him up again at the end of the week on the way back from NC.
UTD? In Richardson? Next to Plano, next to Dallas. Might be able to meet you there. There's a couple of ranges in easy driving distance, including in Plano, one in Garland. Will bring the JHP, 4595, & the Lyndon.

ETA: Congrats, eldarbest. Like the container idea.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
That would be the one. Have to nail down final travel plans and how many hooligans will be with me.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Using Priceline, you should be able to stay in the Dallas area pretty cheap. Just be aware, everything is 30 minutes away w/o traffic, an hour with. Dallas proper is spread across 5 counties, it's the 2nd least dense major city in the US, w/ a million folks inside the city limits. That's not counting Fort Worth and the 30 something suburbs.

·
Super Moderator
25,927 Posts
I think I've stolen eldar ' s thunder here. Sorry buddy. If you need help with whatever structure you end up going with, I'm pretty sure we could slap together an Amish-esque HPFF raiding party.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts