Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Resident PITA
16,197 Posts
Near as I can tell Your term for SS and mine, SSI, mean the same thing.
Around here
SS = retirement
SSI = disability
Can get SSI for a child if they meet the requirements.

Reactions: moona11

·
Administrator
29,183 Posts
That's true, thanks to the Democrats.

eldar
It wouldn't surprise me of Democrats tried to tax paying taxes because it's a financial "transaction."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
It wouldn't surprise me of Democrats tried to tax paying taxes because it's a financial "transaction."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
No shyt!

So many things created to assist the people of America by democrats that later became a tax against Americans by democrats...

eldar

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
SSI = Supplemental Security income. It is for people who don't have enough work quarters to draw SSDI

SSDI= Social Security Disability Income. For those who had enough work history to qualify for social security upon retirement

SS = retirement...

Social security is tax exempt until you break a certain income level($25k for single I do believe, $32k married)

Reactions: Rerun

·
Simple by choice
2,295 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I know this thread is but I just got a like on it. Re-read the whole thing! :(

Your post reminded me of a bill I got from some utility company back in the 90's that listed a whole bunch taxes and fees to the bill. The that stood out to me was "fee/ tax processing fee".

·
Premium Member
JHP
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Update.

Covid-19 and 2020 has led to some reversals.

Moved off the lot, sold the trailer, still paying on it.
Commuting between the property and my dad's to better take care of him was taking a toll on me so, with the consent of the family, I moved into his house to serve as Man Friday.

The freeze this year put paid to the plum trees I planted.

Still dreaming.

eldar

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Update.

Covid-19 and 2020 has led to some reversals.

Moved off the lot, sold the trailer, still paying on it.
Commuting between the property and my dad's to better take care of him was taking a toll on me so, with the consent of the family, I moved into his house to serve as Man Friday.

The freeze this year put paid to the plum trees I planted.

Still dreaming.

eldar
First, good for you for taking care of Dad. Lots would dump him in care and move on w/o a second thought.
Second, never lose the dream. You wanted plum trees, I want a veg garden. My ground is solid clay till I hit slate - can hardly grow weeds. But keep dreaming of ways to get around all that, as well a getting rid of the bunnies. Best wishes on both, elder.

·
Premium Member
8,635 Posts
Short fence stops the bunnies. Build raised beds and find a source of good compost to fill them. Could even start with hay bale gardening and let the bales break down in the raised beds. In 3-4 years you will have nice compost. Have to fertilize the beds every year, good composted horse or cow manure works well.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Short fence stops the bunnies. Build raised beds and find a source of good compost to fill them. Could even start with hay bale gardening and let the bales break down in the raised beds. In 3-4 years you will have nice compost. Have to fertilize the beds every year, good composted horse or cow manure works well.
Thanks, Mary. Mostly the direction I'm heading - except the bunnies. .22lr and pop them in the pot for supper or live trap, then shoot and eat.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Them ain't plants, son.Them is 'mater TREES, by gum!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Me, no. I'll be in Plano, TX next month, then trekking to NC to see my mother and grandmother. Mom retired and escaped NY for the greener fairways of Topsail in January. My grandmother just escaped NY bought a house in Wilmington.
I live in Plano! Come say hello! LOL. I'm a member of the Frisco Gun Club and The Bullet Trap in Plano. The Frisco Gun Club is the one they call the 'Guntry Club.'

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
I live in Plano! Come say hello! LOL. I'm a member of the Frisco Gun Club and The Bullet Trap in Plano. The Frisco Gun Club is the one they call the 'Guntry Club.'

He can't hear you

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
141 - 160 of 168 Posts