Thanks Open Carry advocates (insert sarcatic tone)

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by tallbump, May 20, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Another one bites the dust....

Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns in Our Stores

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/chipotle-bring-guns-stores-23786860

While I respect the idealism that the open carry advocates are trying to get across, I think it is doing more harm than good most of the time.

2. Back2School

Back2School Member

I would say I would boycott them, but they suck compared to Freebirds. Once we got a Freebirds here in KC, I never had to touch their crappy burritos again :)

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

And I think that Chipoltle over-reacted. They're not allowing for any middle-ground and there was no polite discussion where they voice their concerns, explain to the local OC group that they're freaking out paying customers, and ask them to work with the store. Chipotle can KMA. I'll go to HotHead Burrito.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

This just means you wear a Pro Gun shirt and have everyone eat there.
    Then when Moms demand gun free shirt zones you can laugh at the anti gun fools.
    I tend to make sure all $$$$ amn my gun stays out of these places because I remember 1990's Texas Resturant Gun Massacre and that killers will be drawn to these soft target zones.
    Texas is under attack by the anti gunners and trying to shame or scare people into becoming unarmed is the goal here so refocuse your anger onto the Cowardly Company and the very well known Fake Moms aka Bloomberg paided for Gun Control group.
    With the Anti Gunners no Law or Freedom is safe until your unarmed and at their mercy.

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

We have a Chipolte here but I have never been there. I hear it's pretty good. Guess I'll never know now.

Kirk, perhaps they did overreact.

But, truth is the OC group probably was freaking out paying customers.

That's why I am not to keen on their OC groups tactics. I think there is a right way and a wrong way to prove a point.

An impromptu demonstration at a business, without the business's connect, is not the right way IMO. It's one thing if a bunch of OC guys were having a get together somewhere, and got hungry, and said, hey, let's go to Chipolte. But to purposely have a demonstration at a business without getting "permission" first only makes them look like "gun nuts."

Now, I am not saying you should have to seek permission to assert a right. But in reality, in the world we are in now, it would be the more productive course of action. I still think raising the public's awareness of being legally allowed to carry an "assault rifle" in public is only going to do more harm than good. Like in this case, it gave the Mom's group more "ammo" and it worked.

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Proof again that you need to tread sensibly as a pro gun advocate and the 'movement' is not free of ignorant fools.
    That reaction from Chipotle was seriously to be expected.
    As a customer I would have said something about it to that group even .....and I'm pro gun.
    Completely stupid action.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

In Texas?

"Kathy: Of course he had a gun. This is Texas. Everybody has a gun. My florist has a gun!"

;)

Chipotle over-reacted.

I agree that the OC group exercised quite poor judgment if they decided to stage a rally, invited.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. Back2School

Back2School Member

Maybe we should post a sign saying:

Gun Free zone
    Only defenseless victims found here

9. RobbK

RobbK Member

I believe in Texas you can only open carry long arms so they had no option for a side arm. Having said that the business has the right to refuse service to anyone the best course of action is we take our dollars someplace else AND this is important we tell the companies that we are doing so. Be polite when doing it but be sure they know they have lost your dollars (in the end dollars talk n bullsheit walks)

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Freebird Monster with steak, I get it with the green tortilla and call it the monster zombie burrito.:)

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

i also agree, some kind of middle ground could have been reached, but, at the same time, sometimes open carry advocates DO GO TO FAR to prove a point. Youtube has been flooded lately with open carry ''pranks'' (ill use that word because they are just being dont to taunt the police and various other establishments to prove a point) carrying loaded carbines down busy streets, intentionally starting ''who knows more about the law'' debates with on duty police officers while carrying AR15s , etc. yes, its good to show you know your rights and understand laws, but, sometimes you can do that without scaring the crap out of the nieghborhood. walking to the range? cool, toss the sling over your shoulder and go. open carrying your CCW pistol at the mall? rock on. but just slapping some guns over your shoulder, and wandering around town aimlessly, is pointless, legal or not, there's no sense in it. you're allowed to cover yourself in pigs blood and roam the town by law, but, you arent going to go out and enforce that fact. same truth applies, use your brain.

12. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

we used to have Atomic Burrito here in the ICT. i miss that place. it was awesome. i dont know why it closed. it always seemed to be busy. i've never been to the chipotle here or any chipotle if there's more than one.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

I'm with "T"

We need to make sure to present a good common sense face to the public.
    We have a possible (probable) majority here, no need to alienate the middle
    (which is going to be the largest group in our majority) from the strong
    advocates. Some will always recoil from the sight of a gun, but others can
    be persuaded by common sense and a good public face on our cause :):cool:

14. I never frequent yuppie business. Expensive food, sheeple atmosphere.

Besides their statement is NOT a ban, it is a request to try to patronize the Mothers Dumb Arses.

If you want to carry in the yuppie business, CARRY! If you have a permit what does it matter? If open and asked to leave take your business to a Mom and Pop establishment that will appreciate your patronage.

Honestly out of all three and all of them yuppie, none of them have made it a ban. And three of them are just a pimple on the arse of the many establishments.

Some of us give MDA much more credit for nothing. While they claim this as a victory it is a NOTHING. Nobody won or lost unless you believe the hype of the MDA, the progressive politicians, or the rabid progressive media.

Chill out!

ETA their statement is middle ground, read it, they acknowledge both sides. It's called fence sitting.

15. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Didn't know you was a KCer. I'm in Blue Springs!

16. Back2School

Back2School Member

Ya, Lenexa really. I can almost see Bass Pro from work/home! :)

17. Bull

Cool! The MO/KS boys are getting thick around hete'

18. bluebone

Kansas side tho eh? You missourians is gettin over run!

19. Bull

Well......... I guess that's cuz it takes at least three damn dirty jayhawkers, to equal one MO ruffian!

20. bluebone

nahhh, it only takes one of us. we just like to share the joy..:D