Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's an amazing book, I only have 3 chapters left, and I must say I'm going to be sad when it ends. It's a great story, and it has lots of really useful information and references in it. Parts of it are also rather discomforting lol. Anyway, thank you Rhodes, for recommending this book!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You are very welcome but I am only repaying a debt.

I have gotten hooked on these and although all have a way of making me uncomfortable with the possibilities before us it makes me all the more determined to work now to remedy the cause of the problem. Our own inaction and lack of faith in the power of a free society.

PS : What you plan on reading next?

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I too thought "Patriots" was a great read. I'm still waiting for "Boston Gun Bible" from the library to come in. I just picked up "The War After Armageddon" by Ralph Peters, but haven't started it yet.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The story line for "Patriots" is looking very familiar isn't it guys? Hows those supplies holding up?

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the part that makes me uncomfortable lol. I wish I had started stocking stuff up years ago, but sadly I wasn't even able to buy pistol ammo (legally ;)) until last year, so that puts a bit of a kink in any plan.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
The story line for "Patriots" is looking very familiar isn't it guys? Hows those supplies holding up?
I haven't read it yet but I have been doing the stocking of supplies for several years now. Will do more in the months to come. BTW, "Patriots" is on my growing must read list.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Its tough to prepare when its never certain what you are facing. People buying gold coins may wish they had bought silver, people with pistols may wish they had rifles, people that bug out may wish they had stayed. Nothing certain even the need to prepare although that wisdom is hard to argue against.

Doing some trimming myself of some things to allow more of others. Medications are the real bugger unlike food and other consumables. Soon as the last kid is off on on her own we are relocating to some wide open spaces for a variety of reasons. But its tough even with two secure incomes inflation can destroy that little bit of security. Heh 401k what a joke that ended up being. I shouldn't complain at least I did a few things right that are paying off now.

I really feel for the younger people but I would also give anything to be twenty again lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.