Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for accepting me on the board. I have two of the C9 pistols. They shoot fine and I've never had any problems with them. I recently tried using the ghost sight but switched back to the regular sight. I'm 73 and, even with glasses, I had to shoot with one eye closed to see the ghost sight. I have two other "name brand" pistols but, for the money, I'm very happy with the Hi-Points.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome Jack, .45 JHP owner from Florida here.

Reactions: Jack DeHaven

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Welcome Jack! Next time, shoot with BOTH eyes closed!!!

I recently had cataract surgery (left eye in March, right eye in June due to the virus), now I have 20/20 vision from 18" to infinity. Have to wear readers for up close stuff though, but it seems like it's getting better each month. Must have been too much for my doc though, he's retiring end of August!

·
Registered
182 Posts

I recently had cataract surgery (left eye in March, right eye in June due to the virus), now I have 20/20 vision from 18" to infinity. Have to wear readers for up close stuff though, but it seems like it's getting better each month. Must have been too much for my doc though, he's retiring end of August!
I had cataract surgery 2 years ago. It's GREAT to be able to see my front sight. I am still amazed at how well I can see without specs.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Welcome to the community from the Peoples Republic of Illinois.
:tinfoil:

Reactions: Jack DeHaven

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Glad the surgery worked for you. I have eye exams every year and don't need cataract surgery yet. Only wear glasses when I'm hunting or shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for accepting me on the board. I have two of the C9 pistols. They shoot fine and I've never had any problems with them. I recently tried using the ghost sight but switched back to the regular sight. I'm 73 and, even with glasses, I had to shoot with one eye closed to see the ghost sight. I have two other "name brand" pistols but, for the money, I'm very happy with the Hi-Points.
I changed both sights back to the regular sight and am able to shoot with them. Had pretty decent groups for an amateur.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts