Thayldt21 has a new puter

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Thayldt21, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

yes this is the same from the other thread.

OK, Thanks for the thoughts guys. I pinched my penneis And used some Gun and ATV and Truck $$$$$ to get a new puter. NOW I HAVE TO DRIVE A TUARUS.

And Yes Someone ( I see it was benny) Called me. And ya, the kid and I were nappin and he was wantin to get up. So I popoligize to benny for seeming to not care or what ever but I am a Mental retard ( no offence to them) in the am.
    The wife shipped to Kuwait on the 10th, yesterday or today ( Time ZONE) she flew into Iraq.

And get this when she hit Kuwait she said the puter was broke Great job Honey.

The kid is drivving me Insane. And I realize I could never go to Jail. He is 5 months old and has made me his beeacth. LOL

I most likely will be slow to respond for a few I have many people tp Email and call and my Pimp takes most of my patients, UH, I mean my kid takes most of my time.

I see a lot of you were willing to send stuff my way so I say feel free to send some Oh crap whats that called??? I used to have it all the time/ OH yea, SLEEP!!

So i figure if you all donate an hour of sleep to me I would be like a new man. LOL[/b]

2. Sounds like a good car to me!

3. .......it would....... :lol:

Thay - welcome back dude. You'll get all the sleep you'll need when you're dead, so suck it up!!!!! :lol: :lol:

4. Sorry dude, I need all of the beauty rest that I can get, but its good to see ya back.

Sorry about the wifes puter, I dont know what it is about females and computers! My wife kills hers about once or twice a month and I spend all day working on it to bring it back to life. Sheesh!

5. Glad your back. And im sure the cars not that bad. Anything is better than walking :)

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Welcome back

7. Thayldt21

Well when you go from the 03 f150 4x4 with some underhood mods/ for towing, but when you put the foot down whoooooo.

the car just aint the same.

thanx for your thoughts and warm welcome backs. I would have been longer but need the puter for many diiferent things. I may be unemployed but I have to track what little $$$ I have like a starved dog watchin a cat.

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

Well....

What kind of computer did ya get!!??

9. Thayldt21

a new one.lol

it is a Compaq Presario

AMD trurion 64X2
    160 GB HD
    BLAh,Blah ,Blah and Vista home premium

prety nice lap top so far. Very light compaired to my old one. Kindas feels like I'll break it. But it is supposed to be able to take the regular abuse a mobile puter takes.

10. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

Vista?! oh no! vista runs like a mac OS.

As for the car it is not so bad. I had a 94 and it could get from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. and then it stayed there. The thing was so heavy and the alignment was off like nothing else but it had a 3.8liter 6 cylinder engine. I guess that is how it accelerated so fast.

11. neothespian

neothespian Member

Vista isn't hideous! Most of the problems encountered from Vista are the hillbillies who try to upload it to their Pentium 3's from 2k or from Mac Fanbois who think there were no touchscreen phones before the iPhone.

If you have a 64-bit chip architecture or have a dual core deck, you'll find Vista runs just fine over 2 Gigs of RAM. Granted I wasn't WOW'ed by it's features, it was nice overall. Would've been just as happy with XP, but as with all Windows OS, it's not until Service Pack 1 that the cool features start making themselves a cannot-live-without quality.

12. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

hey the slot Pentium 3s work just fine with XP. :p

I actually have never used vista for more than a few seconds. It felt like I was using mac OS X. (I hate macs) The largest complaints I have heard about vista is that it is the new ME so I am just going to wait until the next operating system comes out before I upgrade. I should have used 98 until xp came out but unfortunately I had no idea until I had too much data for it to really be worth it.

13. Thayldt21
    I will donate 4 hours of sleep to you. I will get up tomorrow morning and saturday morning at 3:30 .
    Spot

14. Knight oh no lol you got a Compaq Presario thats why you payed so much, should have got an Emachine they cost about 500 bucks brand new . 8)

15. I'll sleep until noon,or the little woman finds me.

16. neothespian

neothespian Member

The difference between Compaq and Emachines are really budged focused. Neither are bad computers, but the Compaq has a few more configurations aside form the Emachine's standard line up. Granted I like Emachine's smaller footprint and lighter weight, the lack of a heavy powered core duo and the short battery life are a bit of a bummer. Pound for pound if you're looking for a heavier performing dual core laptop, the Compaq has some competitive prices, and they have larger screen units.

Either way, good score! A computer is one of the three important purchases you can make in the 21st century next to a mode of transport and a place to live.

17. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

We had picked the wife up a new laptop last fall that had Vista (64 bit) on it. At the time it sucked because some of the outside programs we had for PALM and a couple of other things were not compatible. At the time there were specific programs the wife needed for College that fell into this and couldn't be fixed. Neither Microsoft or the the software suppliers could help us fix the problem in a timely manner. Long story short I packed it back up and took it back to the salesman who had(I should have been more leary) promised everything would work the same as XP. I had to eventually get loud and get a manager involved before they did me right and ordered me a new machine with XP on it.

Everyone is now getting on board with Vista so I would imagine its getting much smoother.

The Taurus is a decent ride for a car. Only issues I ever ran into was with the AXOD transmissions. My folks have one and it runs great. I know what you mean about the truck though. With the price of gas we've talked about getting rid of mine, then something happens and it saves our buts again. At most I may park it and get a cheap daily driver.

18. I just bought a Compaq Presario and it cost me $500.00 out the door... Nice little laptop.

19. neothespian

neothespian Member

Got my laptop for $534 Out the door on a killer sale at Best Buy:

Toshiba Satellite A135
    -Pentium Dual Core (just a *hare* below a CoreDuo..hence the sale)
    -120GB HD
    -17 Inch LG made Screen that is DAMNED crisp
    -1.5 Gigs RAM
    -Windows Visa Basic
    -Dual Layer DVD burner
    -Onboard video controls with the $35 optional media remote
    -SIX onboard USB ports (alot for a lappie)
    -SD/MMC/MemoryStick reader onboard.

Not bad for around 500 bucks! The deals are out there...just have to look

20. Thayldt21

Hey, Now. So far this thing,the puter has been pretty sweet. Only prob I have is I don't have the time I'd like to mess around with it to learn everything.

However so far what I have found is simple and user freindly. I.E. does good for the dummy's like myself.

As for the car it has seen both coasts a couple of times and is as far as cars go a good one. However the truck, Well it is a big boy toy. We took a trip from Kansas to Michigan to Oregon back to Kansas with a 2 month old baby at the time.

it is a single cab/ SUCK/ and we were towing to 600lbs atv's one in the bed and one on the trailer along with four Black foot lockers with our stuff.

All the while getting better than 20mpg.

Now I know I'm about to get jacked here about the MPG as it is 16mpg factory, But I have underdrive Pullys a throttle body spacer High flow intake and power programer( forget the brand skips my mind for the moment.) Also Single outlet tuned exhaust. Not that dual crap that sounds loud so people think it adds power, It don't. Most times you lose low end torque.

My truck is set for towing and gas mileage but dang if you put the foot down I bet it would get only 5mpg if you let a 16 year old drive it.