1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Wood Metal Event Gun barrel
Purple Carnivore Art Fawn Violet
Purple Personal protective equipment Machine Fictional character Lego
First off, if you are reading this article, and you are on the fence about the 1095TS, I would say get it.

Seriously, I don't think you will be upset with the purchase. Out of the box, it is fun. Really fun, but when you have put a few mods on it, you will get everything you can out of it (mcarbo spring and metal pin kit; trigger spring reinforcement) you can. I don't think this will need to be replaced for a lifetime.

I can't figure out what else NEEDS (aside from the clip) to be added/modified, so until my next weapon, this is my final build.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Really need to work on the lighting for your pic.

Hi-Points don't have a trigger spring. You screwed with a very important safety feature on your carbine. Put the factory sear spring back in it because what you did was a really stupid thing.

Members here are really tired of newbies doing this stupid mod as they know what can happen. And you will defend it to the death because you spent money on it, and get all butthurt and take your toys elsewhere. Read the disclaimer that M-Carbo has on their website. They know what they did when they started marketing that spring and lying calling it something that it isn't.

Have a nice day.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
What the “metal pin kit”?
Recoil spring and rod?

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
I’m not even seeing an article.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Really need to work on the lighting for your pic.

Hi-Points don't have a trigger spring. You screwed with a very important safety feature on your carbine. Put the factory sear spring back in it because what you did was a really stupid thing.

Members here are really tired of newbies doing this stupid mod as they know what can happen. And you will defend it to the death because you spent money on it, and get all butthurt and take your toys elsewhere. Read the disclaimer that M-Carbo has on their website. They know what they did when they started marketing that spring and lying calling it something that it isn't.

Have a nice day.
I've never even heard of people replacing the trigger spring. What does that particular kit do?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I've never even heard of people replacing the trigger spring. What does that particular kit do?
Its not the trigger spring it's the sear spring and considering the design of the HP guns that is not a good idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your Talking about the Mcarbo sear spring.The HI point carbine is drop test and certified with there sear spring in it.I have it in mine and it makes the trigger pull about 3 less lbs.
Goes from roughly 8lbs to 5lbs. Best improvement you can make.Its perfectly safe

·
Administrator
24,794 Posts
If your Talking about the Mcarbo sear spring.The HI point carbine is drop test and certified with there sear spring in it.I have it in mine and it makes the trigger pull about 3 less lbs.
Goes from roughly 8lbs to 5lbs. Best improvement you can make.Its perfectly safe
Until he admitted, on this forum, that it has caused and can cause runaway FA events.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
So like you're an engineer/expert/gunsmith? Did you scroll down to the disclaimer that says you're on your own when the gun goes full auto? That carnival barker at MCarbo is full of shit. He claims no responsibility at all when things go bad. Or did you not comprehend what he said?

Reactions: ratchowmein

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Trust me you were shitting your diaper when i was taking guns apart and doing gun smithing.There is as much chance of my gun going full auto as you winning the lottery moron
Well the light is green! :lol: Thanks for stoppin in! Can't read, and comprehend the disclaimer on Carbo's website. RIF Comprehension is zero. :lol:

Reactions: CowboyBob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of course they have a disclaimer for legal purposes.
I would to there a business.Some people have no mechanical
skills.It Does not make them bad people .They should have a gun smith
do the work for them.The spring is drop tested after its competently installed.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Of course they have a disclaimer for legal purposes.
I would to there a business.Some people have no mechanical
skills.It Does not make them bad people .They should have a gun smith
do the work for them.The spring is drop tested after its competently installed.
There is a video floating around YT of a C9 with a "trigger spring kit" that fires every time it's dropped.
Would you be honest enough to tell us if your carbine slamfired?
You've been gunsmithing...well then.

*Its not the first time we've discussed this, about every month or so.
Here a link with the video

https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/threads/safety-alert-not-drop-safe.327873/

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
It's every week now all these ding dongs buying these springs because the carnival Barker says it's the neatest thing since sliced bread. Same s*** different owner

Reactions: CowboyBob and SWAGA

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will let you lads know the first time it goes full auto on me.I have there stainless steel guide rod and recoil spring to.All and all the gun works great.And my trigger is a measured 4.25 lb pull off.I just put a gauge on it to see

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I will let you lads know the first time it goes full auto on me.I have there stainless steel guide rod and recoil spring to.All and all the gun works great.And my trigger is a measured 4.25 lb pull off.I just put a gauge on it to see
Do understand that the ones discouraging the use of the aftermarket sear spring are offering their advice only with the best of intentions. That spring is the only thing holding the sear up to keep the firing pin to the rear, so less tension means less force keeping that sear elevated where it needs to be. Most of us have had to put the original spring and the sear back in after they've fallen out on their own during maintenance. It isn't exactly advanced gunsmithing.

The only question at issue is whether the Mcarbo spring provides sufficient tension on the sear to retain the firing pin in its cocked position when the weapon is handled roughly. If you are confident in the safety of that modification, then more power to you. I hope it works well for years to come. If it turns out that something unsafe happens with the weapon, you can always put the original spring back in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Of course i understand that its drop tested at 3 different levels.I am sure they are not interested in marketing a un safe
sear spring.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts