The 1095TS after time

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by StartledGuy, Jul 5, 2020.

Do I need to add anything else?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2020.
  1. Obviously, look at that thing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope, no need to make it a 1000 dollar gun.

100.0%
  1. StartledGuy

StartledGuy Member

hipbipodf1.png Point Blur_Jun182020_214715.jpg Point Blur_Jun182020_214359.jpg First off, if you are reading this article, and you are on the fence about the 1095TS, I would say get it.

Seriously, I don't think you will be upset with the purchase. Out of the box, it is fun. Really fun, but when you have put a few mods on it, you will get everything you can out of it (mcarbo spring and metal pin kit; trigger spring reinforcement) you can. I don't think this will need to be replaced for a lifetime.

I can't figure out what else NEEDS (aside from the clip) to be added/modified, so until my next weapon, this is my final build.

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Really need to work on the lighting for your pic.

Hi-Points don't have a trigger spring. You screwed with a very important safety feature on your carbine. Put the factory sear spring back in it because what you did was a really stupid thing.

Members here are really tired of newbies doing this stupid mod as they know what can happen. And you will defend it to the death because you spent money on it, and get all butthurt and take your toys elsewhere. Read the disclaimer that M-Carbo has on their website. They know what they did when they started marketing that spring and lying calling it something that it isn't.

Have a nice day.

OldOutlaw, Think1st and SWAGA like this.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What the “metal pin kit”?
    Recoil spring and rod?

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I’m not even seeing an article.

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I've never even heard of people replacing the trigger spring. What does that particular kit do?

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Nothing good.

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. SWAGA

Its not the trigger spring it’s the sear spring and considering the design of the HP guns that is not a good idea.

adam01364 and OldOutlaw like this.
  8. relics

relics Member

If your Talking about the Mcarbo sear spring.The HI point carbine is drop test and certified with there sear spring in it.I have it in mine and it makes the trigger pull about 3 less lbs.
    Goes from roughly 8lbs to 5lbs. Best improvement you can make.Its perfectly safe

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Until he admitted, on this forum, that it has caused and can cause runaway FA events.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

So like you're an engineer/expert/gunsmith? Did you scroll down to the disclaimer that says you're on your own when the gun goes full auto? That carnival barker at MCarbo is full of shit. He claims no responsibility at all when things go bad. Or did you not comprehend what he said?

ratchowmein likes this.
  11. relics

relics Member

Trust me you were shitting your diaper when i was taking guns apart and doing gun smithing.There is as much chance of my gun going full auto as you winning the lottery moron

moona11 and ratchowmein like this.
  12. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Let the Show begin……

moona11 and undeRGRound like this.
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

Well the light is green! :lol: Thanks for stoppin in! Can't read, and comprehend the disclaimer on Carbo's website. RIF Comprehension is zero. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    CowboyBob likes this.
  14. relics

relics Member

Of course they have a disclaimer for legal purposes.
    I would to there a business.Some people have no mechanical
    skills.It Does not make them bad people .They should have a gun smith
    do the work for them.The spring is drop tested after its competently installed.

15. SWAGA

There is a video floating around YT of a C9 with a “trigger spring kit” that fires every time it’s dropped.
    Would you be honest enough to tell us if your carbine slamfired?
    You’ve been gunsmithing...well then.

*Its not the first time we’ve discussed this, about every month or so.
    Here a link with the video

https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/threads/safety-alert-not-drop-safe.327873/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    moona11 likes this.
  16. TNTRAILERTRASH

It's every week now all these ding dongs buying these springs because the carnival Barker says it's the neatest thing since sliced bread. Same s*** different owner

CowboyBob and SWAGA like this.
  17. relics

relics Member

I will let you lads know the first time it goes full auto on me.I have there stainless steel guide rod and recoil spring to.All and all the gun works great.And my trigger is a measured 4.25 lb pull off.I just put a gauge on it to see

18. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Do understand that the ones discouraging the use of the aftermarket sear spring are offering their advice only with the best of intentions. That spring is the only thing holding the sear up to keep the firing pin to the rear, so less tension means less force keeping that sear elevated where it needs to be. Most of us have had to put the original spring and the sear back in after they've fallen out on their own during maintenance. It isn't exactly advanced gunsmithing.

The only question at issue is whether the Mcarbo spring provides sufficient tension on the sear to retain the firing pin in its cocked position when the weapon is handled roughly. If you are confident in the safety of that modification, then more power to you. I hope it works well for years to come. If it turns out that something unsafe happens with the weapon, you can always put the original spring back in.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  19. relics

relics Member

Of course i understand that its drop tested at 3 different levels.I am sure they are not interested in marketing a un safe
    sear spring.

20. Shopfox

Shopfox Member

The only thing you need to add is a range report (and preferably with good quality ammo and some pics) :shooting:

OldOutlaw likes this.