The $158 rifles?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 556, Aug 19, 2020.

1. 556

556 Member

Funny thing is that the budget rifles are often way more accurate than the people talking crap about them. Hahahaha

SWAGA, undeRGRound, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Saw a video about the native guys in the ME using the “sniper button”. Somehow they got the idea that the forward assist is a sniper button, pushing or holding it will make you more accurate.

Funny thing is, it might actually work for those guys, as putting your thumb there puts your hand in a position to more smoothly pull the trigger.

People are funny about things.

undeRGRound and OldOutlaw like this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

All of mine have sniper buttons. I need every advantage i can use.

undeRGRound and ajole like this.
  4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Wouldn't a deployed forward assist keep the bolt locked in?

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Why yes....yes it would. Making it work "just like" a bolt action rifle and thus making it "more accurate", right?:)

That was the point of holding it. Assuming it didn't bend or break anything and render the weapon inoperable, you were basically pushing the "more accuracy" switch.:duh:

undeRGRound likes this.
  6. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yep
    The 'ratchets' or 'teeth' or w/e on the BCG and the pawl of the Forward Assist, being what they are, well, I too would be concerned about wrecking them. Especially if the FA was only partially depressed.

I only have one AR15 w/o the FA. It is Kirk's old S&W upper. It has the brass deflector but is otherwise a "Slick Side" upper. I wanted it for my lightweight build, the FA and dust cover together is several ounces. Almost ALL the weight is the FA. Dust Cover is negligible, but they usually don't have the dust cover on the slick sides anyway.

How is my old R-Guns Upper doing, @lklawson?? Still a tack driver? As I recall we simply traded complete uppers. I did remove the upper receiver on your old one. That S&W barrel is a very nice HBAR or something, I will use it eventually I guess. Good Stuff!

lklawson likes this.
  7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It shoots nice but has been getting less range love since I got my 300 BLK AR pistol.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

undeRGRound likes this.
  8. undeRGRound

INDY
    I hear ya, ammo is too 'Spensive to blow thru very much these days :duh:

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I think I've got 1,000 SR Primers to split between my 300 BLK and .223 hand loads.

I need to make a bunch more of both. One of my Blades & Brawling students on Tuesday night told me that he really wanted some JSP .223 ammo but there's none to be had. I have a half ammo-can of the stuff that I've made so I gave him a magazine full.

Be nice if I could find some more primers but I've got some for the time being.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

undeRGRound likes this.
  10. Dave_Jones

Dave_Jones Member

Fortunate that you do not live in the One-Party Dictatorship formerly known as California.

11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That Savage has a Heavy bull barrel too. I'd say those are budget guns on steroids! Hell of a score!!

undeRGRound likes this.
  12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If I did, I wouldn't post on a public forum that I'd broken California (stupid) law prohibiting the transfer of ammunition without their supposed "background check."

undeRGRound likes this.