Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new TS to the range yesterday and shot about 170 rounds through her. She performed as well as I expected but with one little quirk. As I fired rounds I felt, for lack of a better term, a stinging sensation on my right cheek. At first I thought it was the due to powder burns but after quickly discounting that I realized it was the result of, again for lack of a better term, a sharp vibration. I made sure I had a firm cheek weld but that didn't help. I decided to place a rag between my cheek and the stock and discovered that eliminated the stinging sensation. I hope that this is not an annoying trait with 995TS. Or is it possible that my stock has a crack that is difficult to see? Either way, it may be best for me to contact the factory. Just curious to see if anyone else had the same experience.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am also a new 995TS owner and notice the same thing. There is a plastic piece on the stock that looks like a cheek pad but it is hard plastic.

Hey. is this an opportunity to sell gel cheek pads to new 995TS owners?

E-mail me if you have ideas...

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am also a new 995TS owner and notice the same thing. There is a plastic piece on the stock that looks like a cheek pad but it is hard plastic.

Hey. is this an opportunity to sell gel cheek pads to new 995TS owners?

E-mail me if you have ideas...
Hmmm, I'm thinking about it. :yes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem with the old style 995, and with the TS as well. Would be nice to have a good solution to it, although the rag thing isn't a bad idea.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
dr schols gel insert, Black, with some epoxy cut to fit??????

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I also noticed that with my TS. I got a butt pad with the two mag holders and put it on, that cured my problem!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a piece of 1/16" foam rubber sheet that I just taped to the cheek rest. I'll try that out the next time I get to the range. If that solves the problem, which it should, I'll shape it to fit the cheek rest and glue it in place.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Noticed it with my 995TS but to a lesser extent than what has been described here. Inexpensive solution................. grow a beard :idea:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem and thought it was just me. Some type of padding would really help. I noticed it after about 30 rounds and it got worse the more I shot.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I Like that but would much prefer it in Black.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem on my 995. Always looking for simple fixes, I stopped by wally world and bought (don't laugh) a pair of black tights for small girls. I cut one leg off below the thigh and above the foot. Slipped it on my 995 stock. Rolled the two ends under so they would not unravel. They fit tight on the stock and stopped the pinch, plus they feel warm in cold weather. Wonder if Cabella's would have tights in Cameo?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I didn't really understand what you guys meant by the sting of the new TS. But after this weekend shooting theqbn's at our Ohio meet I understand now. It's really bizarre, I have two 995's myself one being in the ATI and a classic and I do not have a stinging sensation when I shoot those. If I got one I would definitely cover it with something.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ahhhh I have a beard and it can hurt even more for me sometimes, the vibrations open up the crack between the cheek pad and the stock. Thus leaving my beard to get trapped inside, and when I pull the rifle away from my face.....ouch, found the solution though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RIFLE-CHEEK-PAD...in_0?hash=item35a3a9f380&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Mine's digital shhhhhhhh!!!
Cheap solution for your problem SHAVE!!
Gahhhh no way, I don't have a bushy beard but I have a lot of stubble. Besides my head looks funny without facial hair, oblong like....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn't really understand what you guys meant by the sting of the new TS. But after this weekend shooting theqbn's at our Ohio meet I understand now. It's really bizarre, I have two 995's myself one being in the ATI and a classic and I do not have a stinging sensation when I shoot those. If I got one I would definitely cover it with something.
It's just the way the stock it, it carries a lot of vibrations through it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.