By lklawson, Jul 23, 2018 | |
Rating:
4/5,
  1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

lklawson submitted a new Article:

The Advantages of a Pellet Rifle – Part II

Read more about this article here...

2. FYI for anyone getting into pellet guns or thinking about it. As mentioned they can be a lot of fun and serve many people very well for pest control, particularly in areas you wouldn't think of using a firearm. But be advised that pellet guns are known for being picky about ammo. I think even more so than firearms.

Some pellet guns shoot pretty well with any brand but in my experience, limited as it is, that's a rarity. More often than not you need to try multiple brands and types of pellets to find the one that's right for your gun. Find the one and you can be amazed at how accurate they can be but man can it be one aggravating trip.

lklawson likes this.

3. TBird

TBird Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Did you read the article, or the first one? "Quite" is only one of the advantages discussed.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. TBird

TBird Member

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Friendly humor or snark?

Who said "necessary?" Is a pellet rifle required? No. Does it do the things I wrote? Yes. Does it do more of them than the .22 quiet? Yes. That's kinda the point of the articles.

Again, the quiet cci only meets the quiet requirements. And, frankly, I'm not sure that I buy that. I've shot the Colibri (primer only, subsonic) and it's definitely louder than a .177 cal pellet rifle.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Rerun likes this.
  7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I was considering a pellet rifle, just to teach the kids the basics, but the cricket pulled triple duty by adding another .22 for hunting purposes and pest control. I actually grab the cricket for skunks now instead of the 10/22 I used to dispatch the first one.

One of the bigger deciding factors was living in the country. Growing up in the city, my grandfather started me out on a pellet rifle in the backyard.

Rerun and lklawson like this.