The Arsenal of Freedom

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Jan 5, 2008.

1. My bro is adding a Remington 700 to his collection, so I thought I'd bring back this thread regarding future arsenal plans. Mine:

x1 AR-15 (Custom build)

x1 GLOCK 17 (full size 9mm)
    x1 GLOCK 23 (Compact .40 S&W)
    x1 GLOCK 26 (sub-compact 9mm)
    x2 GLOCK 27 (sub-compact .40 S&W)

x1 Hi-Point 4095 .40 S&W Carbine
    x1 Hi-Point .40 Pistol
    x1 Hi-Point 995 9mm Carbine
    x1 Hi-Point 9mm Comp Pistol

x1 Remington 597
    x1 Remington 870 (Tactical)
    x1 Ruger 10-22

x1 SKS (Russian)

x1 Swiss K31

2. Will that be you 'perfect arsenal' or are those additions to your existing collection?

Now you've got me thinking I should take the time to list what I've got and decide where I want to go with it.

Naw, I'll just keep buying, selling,trading based on impulse and what I find that's interesting.

:mrgreen:

3. Thats what I want it to look like 5-10 years from now when all's said and done.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

i buy what strikes me and what i can afford. Right now im working on one of the new HK GSG-5 22lr that atlantic's importing in febuary

SW

5. Okay, that's a nice list and all, but I only count 15 guns. Y'know, you can squeeze over two dozen in one of those Home Depot small safes if you're creative.

I'd bet you that you'll want more, but I hate to take your gun money.

Enjoy acquiring, but don't be surprised if your list grows :)

6. Fenix

Fenix Guest

I know you can never have too many guns, but I just don't get owning 15, 20, 50+ guns. More power to ya if you can afford it, but I'd have to get a loan for that kind of purchasing :p

7. The Arsenal of Freedom
    I thought this thread was going to be about the old
    Springfield Armoury.
    :wink:
    Mr SNS

8. Was trying to keep it realistic... if money wasn't a huge deal I'd have several 995's (ones with dif. configs, i.e. ATI stock, laser, red dot, iron sights, etc.), several AR-15's in different variants, Chinese, Yugo, and Soviet SKS rifles, a few Kel-Tec Sub-2000's, a Remington 700, a Mossberg 500, several pistols and rifles by FN, and some surplus 1911's to top it off. But, like I said, unless I win the lottery, those 15 are probably even a stretch for what I can afford.

9. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

You need to get another 22 perhaps a bolt action [never know when your semi will have a problem] Remember 22 is not just a caliber it's a commodity :wink: :lol:

10. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

at one time when i moved i had 95 guns of one stripe or another. i sold down to the 25 or so i have now. anywhere from 15-30 guns coveres all the bases depending on what you like and what you do with them. Right now im short rifles for hi-power silhouette and long on handguns.

SW

11. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

I Love that! I need to go out and buy some more 22's now.

12. 1motion

1motion Guest

i havent planned that far ahead because my list is always changing but guns on the list for this year would be....

C-9 comp(for the lady)
    new HK45 (full size)
    Walther PPS in 9mm (for the lady)
    Ruger Mini 30 7.62x39

and of course the one that is on all of our lists.... the mythical
    hi point .45 carbine if it ever gets to see the light of day this year

13. CBags04

CBags04 Guest

I would move that one to the top of the list, because of the impending doom of the 2008 elections.