Super Moderator
28,585 Posts
Entertaining.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk {undead thread}

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Very cool! I used to have a wrist rocket - wish I still did! Seriously plan on getting another one.

·
Super Moderator
28,585 Posts
Very cool! I used to have a wrist rocket - wish I still did! Seriously plan on getting another one.
Illegal in some areas.

Harder to be accurate with than an air-rifle but just as deadly and easier to find ammo for. Should one be in your Bug Out Bag? ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Prime example of point shooting and the old adage:
Practice practice practice practice practice practice

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Don't let Hillary see that video, she'll want to ban sling shots.

Prime example of point shooting and the old adage:
Practice practice practice practice practice practice
The amount of practice he does could get expensive with firearms. I practice everyday, but with airsoft pistols. I would imagine some of the skill using a sling shot would rub off onto firearms point shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Illegal in some areas.

Harder to be accurate with than an air-rifle but just as deadly and easier to find ammo for. Should one be in your Bug Out Bag? ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
That's what I had in mind - plus they're just fun!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
He's impressive. Back in the day in NC we would make our own also. We'd use strips of bicycle inner tube strips for the rubber and leather for the pockets. We got pretty good. I took out a rabbit once with mine. Messed up a squirrel too. Didn't kill him though. He was about 1,000,000 feet up a pine tree. Cousin finished him off with his .22. Then the Daisy Pump came along...then the .22 Remmy...and on and on and on. Next thing ya know, I was in SE Asia and not even the locals owned a slingshot. Bummer man :wah:

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,070 Posts
Don't let Hillary see that video, she'll want to ban sling shots.
HEY! If we get them after those things, maybe that will divert their attention ;)
NSSSA could be formed to lobby against the sling-shot grabbers :D ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wasn't that long ago (well, 30 years ain't that long) that I had squirrels in the attic over my 2nd floor slum duplex apartment. Used to sit in the living room window where I could see the hole in the eaves that was their front door, with a wrist rocket loaded with marbles. You could kill a squirrel at 20 feet that way, but it wasn't easy. Damn that guy is good. Me, I moved on to a Crossman air pistol, it was a lot easier to aim and my range extended out to the garbage cans maybe 60 ft away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts