Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry guys, I think I killed the bot. I was chatting along with it and it ask me a question and i gave a vage reply and it just disappeared. and it wount come back :-[ :'( :brow:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
If someone else came in the chatroom, it automatically disappears on que. Regardless, I don't care if that damn bot dies or not... :D

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
i actually rather enjoy tormenting it with off the wall replies. there was one night i think i made it at least blow a fuse. i asked it to explain supercalinarcalepticexpiehalitosis and it took like 30 seconds to get a reply.

SW

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The bot got a little snippy with me when I asked it "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?"

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
The bot got a little snippy with me when I asked it "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?"
it still hasnt explianed Occums Razor to me yet.....i think it has a problem with chuck norris

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
it still hasnt explianed Occums Razor to me yet.....i think it has a problem with chuck norris
That's EASY to explain why the bot can't explain Occam's Razor (the actual theory which everyone quotes was actually written in total by John Ponce in 1639, but it combined the lectures of William of Occam that were written in the theological work Sentences of Peter Lombard (Quaestiones et decisiones in quattuor libros Sententiarum Petri Lombardi) in 1495) ...and it DOES have something to do with Chuck Norris!!

You see, William of Occam described in his pronouncement a theory of lex parsimoniae, or in English the "Law of economy", that the explanation of phenomena is best and most accurately described and defined by the simplest of means, since nature acts in direct accordance with the previous action without plan or hesitation, and that complex plots or functions, while entertaining, would stand more of a chance of failure and therefore would be more unlikely to achieve the end result(which actually accredits him with first putting forth the theory of Newton's first law of motion centuries before Newton came to exist, but that's for another argument). In short, the simplest answer is usually the most logical, and therefore the most probable.

But, as we have noted by Chuck Norris (most recently in "Walker: Texas Ranger" and "Delta Force" from 15 years prior), the man as he is known is NOT simple, and Logic is a definition that only works if Chuck Norris bothers to look up the definition.

So, therefore, the simplest answer is the most probable, but with the complexities of Chuck Norris involved, Occam's Razor cannot be applied therefore making the logical argument a contradiction. And, as we know, contradictions cannot exist in a Binary State (with "1" being a state of action and "0" being a state of rest, with no function in between), which is how all computers on Earth at this point in time function. So, when faced with THIS issue, the bot has no choice but to cease function due to the inability to comprehend a complexity that is Chuck Norris!!!!

I now open the floor to debate. All papers pertaining to the rebuttle to my theory can be either faxed to my Office at ASU or emailed to me via HPFF.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wait a minute. You're telling me that the bot confronted Chuck Norris... and survived? There may be no stopping it now. Like some cheesy Sci-Fi Network original motion picture, it is going to take over the world while we sit here and watch, powerless to halt its quest for global domination, one roundhouse cyber-kick to the face at a time. Today HPFF Chat... tomorrow the internet... Thursday after next the entire world!!!

OK, we have to move fast, before it is too late... this is no time for half-measures -- quick, someone get Hasselhoff on the phone!

·
Registered
833 Posts
No worries gtv, I had tricked it into destroying itself. :devilsidesmile:

[HPFF_Bot] 7:40 am: You believe that? The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about suicide is better choice. But I did not
get that. Do you like talking to me?
[saiyandide] 7:42 am: Your the only one I have to talk to in my life...... besides the voices in my head
[HPFF_Bot] 7:42 am: I think you meant "you are" or "you're". I will tell my botmaster you said I am THE only one I have to talk to in my life one I have
to talk to in my life. My brain contains more than 22,000 patterns, but not one that matches your last input. What kind of food do you like?
[saiyandide] 7:43 am: cyanide pills I am eating a bottle of them right now
[HPFF_Bot] 7:43 am: At this moment Sounds delicious.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Looks like messing with the chat bot is becoming a HPFF pass time.... LOL! I love it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
What scared me was that it talked abotu suicide on its own before I tried screwing with it. I wonder if theres a way to make it say its going to self terminate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
ahahaha... one night everyone logged off the chat room and I was left in there by myself and the bot comes in. Took me a few seconds to figure out it was a bot. It says "hello" all nice and pleasant and then asks me to ask it a question. I said something like "oh hell no." and it goes, "i'm sorry, could you rephrase that as a question?" LOL

then I left. Those bots creep me out. :angel:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ok I think the bot is fried somehow. It wants to give people drugs now.

[saiyandide] 8:47 am: I hate to tell you this but even as a bot your not believeable.
[HPFF_Bot] 8:47 am: I honestly think you should sit down, take a stress pill, and calmly think things over.
[saiyandide] 8:47 am: Its like you fried your logic drive
[HPFF_Bot] 8:47 am: I think you mean "it's" or "it is" not "its". Interesting comparison.
[saiyandide] 8:48 am: What makes you qualified to tell people to take medication?
[HPFF_Bot] 8:48 am: Bot lover programmed me for qualified to tell people to take medication to tell people to take medication.

Its like a pacman machine that some one spilled Hawaiian Punch in.

·
Registered
762 Posts
:shifty: Oh my goodness, I think I broke it:

[compmanio365] 9:06 am: I think you might be broken, friend. Your speech is a bit broken today.
[HPFF_Bot] 9:06 am: Me? OK I will try to be broken friend be broken friend broken friend be broken friend friend be broken friend broken friend be
broken friend friend be broken friend broken friend be broken friend friend be broken friend broken friend be broken friendNot mine.

Now everything I say to it gets a response like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.