The Bring Back Talon Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by cicpup, Feb 17, 2015.

1. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    [mod edit to split out into its own thread]

Consider reinstating anyone who's ban might be seen as a result of a personal vendetta or otherwise unfair. <cough>Talon<cough><cough>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That question was brought up by myself in the recent past. I'm sure if you and a group of like-minded people created a well thought out message to submit to the mods encouraging them to reconsider and maybe even a note from the man himself about his intention to adhere to the rules, there could be a future discussion about it. No guarantees.

3. cicpup

Vermont
    Well sadly I don't know how to get in touch with that individual to convince him to submit his BS humbling apology that this dumb nation has come to expect. Truth be told, if anyone deserves an apology...

Also, should my letter name the mod who felt he needed to wave his peepee to the point he probably went over other mods heads to make sure his ego was sufficiently stroked? Just wondering.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I do, but on the other hand he may be stubborn to the point of not wanting it, IDK... I will email him!

5. cicpup

Vermont
    Wouldn't blame him.

6. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Com'on, we all know what a bad aig some folk could be.

Even he and I had some crossed-wire discussions together but,

I wouldn't have banned him...

eldar

7. Rachgier

Like I said, you and other like minded individuals are encouraged to write a note requesting a reconsideration. The content of said messages can contain whatever information you feel pertinent to the situation, just remember the more snark it's got, the less weight it will carry.

If there are people who DON'T want to see certain individuals reconsidered, they are more than welcome to voice their opinions as well.

8. cicpup

Vermont
    Anyone special we should direct our concerns towards? The new Big Boss Man perhaps?

9. Rachgier

Sure. You can send comments or concerns directly to Shooter, myself, and the other mods. Feel free to CC it to multiple folks to make sure it gets seen, if that is something you're worried about.

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Um, Rachgier, um, sir...

Why was Upshifter banned...?

I never got the word.

eldar

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  11. cicpup

Vermont
    I have no doubts they chose a stand up guy as the new site admin. I don't see a need in CC.

My last words on this subject in this thread. Folks, if you have an opinion on the past banning of Talon and want to be heard, please PM your feelings to the new site admin. IMO it's an injustice that should have been rectified a long time ago.

And whatever you do, don't take this opportunity to flood the new site admins inbox with pics of penises & trannys as a welcome gift. As funny as that would be, it would not be very nice.

Oh BTW, Congrats on the promotion Bub.

12. Rachgier

I don't know. I can go check the notes and PM you the reasons if you want.

13. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

If you would, please.

Thankee.

And, thanks for stepping up and helping to maintain one of the Best (and Honest) Forums on the Internet!

eldar

14. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I think Talon was an asset in many ways. I also think he pushed until he got banned. Cicpup, not trying to start a fight, just different opinion. Having said that, he was an asset in many ways. I say get him back. Hopefully he will go about things a little differently. He is a smart and sometimes entertaing guy.