The C9 is a CF380 again

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Dec 17, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

By popular demand, the CF380 I converted to a C9 is again a CF380. By popular demand I might add.

The CF380 was the favorite of my wife and daughter. The thing that rang the death bell for the C9 was difficulty they had with racking the slide. They both had trouble doing it. Both had an issue with that last little umph needed to cocked it. Not an issue with the 380 and its lighter weight springs.

The C9 was not as trouble free as the CF380 was. Mostly because of a bad extractor on the slide I purchased, but MoM took care of me. I did have to polish the feed ramp on the C9, and it still had the fail to return to battery from time to time. Just needed a little nudge from time to time.

Thinking of purchasing another C9, but not sure. Pretty well covered with my SCCY and Taurus, plus I kind of want a Kahr CT9. Well see.

2. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Might I suggest having you, your wife and daughter spend some time on this site.

http://www.corneredcat.com/

She has a great article on racking the slide for diminutive females. My 5', 110 lb. S.O. can now rack the slide on any pistol I have.

3. so, you wanna part with that c9 slide and barrel?

My birthday is coming up ;)

or if you're a scrooge I'll throw in $40 but it has to wait until January :eek:

4. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Specific article?

5. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

6. sarahsmom

Lol, Sarah is my daughter's name - therefore I am Sarah's mom! My real name is supposed to be listed in my signature. :p

7. sarahsmom

P.S. Thanks for the link!

8. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Doh! I just can't multi-task today!

Sorry!

9. sarahsmom

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

Tracy - here's another link - a video that helped my wife a good bit. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8ZRlkdWVc[/ame]
    And Atomic has it right - Cornered Cat is a great site....for anyone

11. sarahsmom

Thanks. I can rack the C9, it'd just not a smooth, quick motion, though. Have to hold grip in left hand, and rack with my right. Maybe the article will help.

12. greg_r

Wait until the first of the year. I might just buy a C9, might keep for parts since all is new....or not. Anyway, if I do get rid of the slide and barrel, I won't until we talk.

13. greg_r

I taught my my wife the same way, grip the slide with your left hand, push the right. Plus she likes the thickness of the HI Point, she can grip it better. She didn't dislike the 9 recoil wise, but she likes the 380 better.

14. Don't grip the slide and pull it. Instead, grip the slide firmly and push the grip. Feels odd at first but it works.

15. Let me know. I appreciate it

16. sarahsmom

Will have to try that, thanks!