The Dark Room?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by Elrik, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Elrik

Elrik Supporting Member

I don't know why, but every time that I try to go to a thread in either section of the dark room, I get a page that says I can't access the threads.

The page reads as follows;

Elrik, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I mean, I understand I've only been here a couple of weeks if that even. So if it's got to do with how long my account has been active, that's cool. But that doesn't seem to be an addressed issue as much as account privileges and an account being disabled. And if I were disabled I wouldn't be able to keep posting to other parts of the forum, right? Just wanting to ask because I wouldn't mind being able to read some of the general discussion stuff.

2. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

It has nothing to do with post counts. It is only accessable to members who have a "premium membership". Meaning, the member has paid a fee to access more content/areas of the forum along with other certain perks of being a premium member.

3. Elrik

Elrik Supporting Member

Ohhh, okay well that explains it then. I didn't know there was a premium membership in the first place. But I can live without paying for more things, so I think I'll survive not getting to read threads that discuss politics and religion lol.

4. rowiebowie

rowiebowie Supporting Member

Texas
    You don't know what you're missing.:D

5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

If you write an Article for the site you get a free membership for 1 year, just a heads up.

(Kirk will be along shortly for topics)

I'm still working on my AK article... it's almost done but turned out longer than I anticipated...

6. Elrik

Elrik Supporting Member

I may actually do just that. Where I went back to the optics section and asked about the Monstrum scopes, at the suggestion of rowiebowie asking me to let everyone know how they hold up. I fully intend on buying them, especially once cyber monday deals go into effect. So I'll throw the two on my 995 and maybe a little something else, see how they actually do with some range time. Then maybe I can try my hand at writing an article to give some customer experienced information online that isn't hidden in an Amazon product rating or someone dismissing the brand because it isn't Leopold.

7. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Also, I beleve if you are current or prior military you can ask for premium membership at no charge.

8. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Supporting Member

Idaho

I'm looking forward to that one!

(Visper is the in-house expert on AK's here at HPFF if you couldn't tell)

9. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

That would be correct, that offer is still alive and well. Also greatly appreciated!

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Just write an article on being a "noob prepper"

Perfect Perspective! :D

I could write on on being in that mindset for the last few
    years, it would be very informative to folks in your shoes,
    Elrik!

11. Elrik

Elrik Supporting Member

Really? I mean I'm willing to give writing articles a try, and you're right, I've only just started actively trying to prep in the past few months, I mean it's a bit like Rach said in the load-out thread, and Roman came in to call my rambling "cute" lol I had so much on my mind, and no real sense of direction to take it in.

Now for a dumb question though, where would I post/send this after I wrote it?

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

In the technical articles and write ups area.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    You likely need to look at everything at once, time is short... But I had the luxury of many years to study, prepare and buy. In fact, the last 8 years, almost to the DAY. I was slapped awake the last time the market took a dump, Nov. 2008. My first preps were all Financial. Then it was Food and perishables. Finally, fire power. Weapons will by far be the most valuable in an SHTF scenario, as well as a WROL. (w/out rule of law) The financial stuff is mostly for the rebuilding process after SHTF.

14. Visper

If by expert you mean a lot of trial and error, you are correct!!:D I just happen to have a "few" and have taken them apart, tried different accessories etc for almost every variant... Always more to learn though.

But all in all just love talking about them and assisting any way I can. Hopefully the article comes across that way. We'll find out soon enough!!

15. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Both of our previous resident AK gurus, since I've been here, managed to self destruct and got latered.

16. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Hmm, I know who one was, but who was the other?

17. Visper

Third times a charm?? :rolleyes:

18. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

That or he is saying your days are numbered :rofl:

19. Visper

Damn... they're on to me!! :p

20. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

Elrik, once you go to the Dark Rooms, there is no going back.

You have been warned.