Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few minutes we will drive our packed to the hilt car to Happy Valley and drop our little girl off to begin her "college experience". I would have really preferred her to go to the local PSU campus for her first two years but the decision was made that she'd be better off at the main campus in State College. It's only an hour's drive from here but it will feel like she's on the other side of the world. 45 miles is quite a distance for a father to protect his daughter.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Penn State huh?

Nittany Lions!!!!

Dude, you'll be ok. Just make sure she has your support and comes home on weekends and you'll be good.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I can't imagine how torn you must feel, I know someday I will be in the same situation and hope it don't drive me over the edge lol.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I had a professor who told his daughter not to come home unless school was out of session. Wanted her to get the full experience, seemed a little to much to me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, she's all moved in. My wife and I met her room mate and she seems very nice. The daughter was very anxious for her mom and I to leave so she could start living on her own. I am very proud that she is so well adjusted. We are only 45 minutes away so she can come home anytime she wishes but my money says she won't be home for a while. I just left her with one rule. She must text me every morning or I promised I would drive down and be an embarrassment. I have no shame.....LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts