The Dodge

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr_flintstone, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

For quite some time now, I've noticed that people who drive Dodge trucks refer to them as "the Dodge" while people who drive Fords, Chevys, etc.. Simply refer to them as their "Truck".

Chevy owner - I took the truck to town.
    Dodge owner - I took the Dodge to town.

Does anyone have an explanation for this phenomenon?

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I drive a suburban and I call it the burban or the truck. My buddy calls all of his trucks by their distinguishing feature since he's a Ford nut and that's all he owns. The diesel, the 4-door, the green one, the blue one, the dump truck, etc. He does have a Dodge 3500 and he does say to go get "the Dodge" but that's because I assume he realizes that if he said "got get the truck" he might get called a retard.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    They want to remember what used to be parked where that pile of rust is.

4. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

The newer ones are just called Ram. They are trying to dissociate from the Dodge brand, from what I understand. It's just Ram, not Doge Ram anymore

5. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

They are unoriginal, I've had a few chevys and a few dodges, lots of isuzus and now a nissan, they all had unique names.

6. yes it used to be "my dodge "now like monster said it's ram around here

like it's a badge of honor to own a dodge , they got more tranny problems than
    Bruce Jenner

7. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Well, we live 40 years in the past here, so it's still Dodge.

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

My kids names most of our rigs.... We had a jeep jerokee (Cherokee), a Taco (Tahoe)..... The suburban was just the Beast....

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My truck is the POS...

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

My 79 Dodge Maxivan is the van. My 93 dually is the dually or the Cummins. My 74 4dr Dart needs to go to the bone yard. My 72 Plymouth is the Duster.

I do own a Yota..........

11. Fracman

Fracman Member

I call my dodge "the lightplant" so when the Frac hands are going around filling up the equipment with fuel on location. I tell them don't fo all the lightplants but make sure you get that blue one. But free fuel is a thing of the past. Hate to lose a 300g job over $100 of fuel.