1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
467 Posts
Very interesting, but I am not sure how often I'd be using a shotty for home defense from a distance of 21 feet. I think that skews the interpretation of the results. Within the 5 to 15 foot range I would think more likely, I would think smaller shot would work just fine...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Always like someone re-testing so-called norms of shotgun performance, always gets those 00 guys thinking something out there is just as good or better. What'd you guys think of that performance of managed recoil loads performing pretty much identical to high-power?
Since they tested BB would have liked to see other goose loads performance for self-defense.(T, F, B, BBB shot)
One squabble I did have was there was no 000 tested. This for me is my go to for buckshot, I look at it like this; first it's a larger caliber ball even if marginally, there is only 1 less round per shell, more energy, deeper penetration, more downrange energy thus better distance performance, so more stopping power. I would love to see a more thorough look into 000 vs 00. Hey, thats just me.
Lastly, been feening to try this ammo out, Dixie Slugs makes a tri-ball buckshot that is 3- 60 caliber balls in a 3 in 12 ga round. Only problem, might bit costly and only can order from factory and what appears to be a five box min. http://www.dixieslugs.com/products.html

Please feel free to comment if I'm mis-informed about the performance of 000 or what ya'll have experienced always like to learn from those with first hand experience differing from mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.