Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, why do you make a device that basically can't be disassembled without at a bare minimum damaging the case? I'd love to meet the guys that designed the cases for the iPod and Zune series of MP3 players, and forcefully insert one of my size 14 shoes into each of their rectums. My Zune 120 is in some sort of limbo at the moment, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it but this isn't the first time it's happened. I had it charging up in preparation to do the update to the Zune 4.0 software tonight, and when I finally got back from work a few minutes ago the screen was black. I figured maybe it just turned the screen off, but pushing buttons does nothing. It won't wake up or do anything. It's in a freaking coma. I'd like to take it apart and disconnect the battery (standard procedure for locked up portables such as PDA, phones, etc.) but YOU CAN'T FREAKING DO IT!! I have to buy some stupid tool to be able to take the case off my Zune 120. What a load of BS! iPod isn't any better though, when my sister's Nano broke I messed with taking it apart to sell off the battery and screen and finally just started ripping crap off the bottom with pliers until it came apart.

The people that design these items should be beaten to death with fish corpses. PUT YOUR DEVICES TOGETHER WITH SCREWS YOU FREAKING ANUS HOLES! Now I'm holding a $250 paperweight, and this hammer is making me really want to turn it into a $250 pile of components.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I hear yah I had to replace my wifes ipod screen once and had to order a special tool and a new case for it becuase even with the tool you damage the hell out of the case.

·
Premium Member
36,165 Posts
The Army mechanic's creed....

If at first you don't succeed.......

....... get a bigger hammer! :devilsidesmile:

I'm with you on doing serious damage to those guys...but you do know, they feel the need to protect the things from idiots, right? If every idiot with a screwdriver could take them apart, there'd be a LOT of dead stuff out there...and someone might be able to figure out how to replace parts on their own, and take part of their profits away! :angel:

·
Registered
514 Posts
zune.net or zuneboards.com. plenty of info regarding this and how to fix it.
i have a zune 30 and frequent the forums regularly. should be easy to fix.
on a side note, 4.0 sucks, i went back to the 3.1 software....much better (for me, anyway).

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zune.net or zuneboards.com. plenty of info regarding this and how to fix it.
i have a zune 30 and frequent the forums regularly. should be easy to fix.
on a side note, 4.0 sucks, i went back to the 3.1 software....much better (for me, anyway).
I'm a member at both, but haven't been there in a long time. Anyway, it works now that I threw it lol.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
For some reason, my laptop wouldn't take to the Zune upgrade. So far my 8Gig Flash Zune seems to be still working fine, so I'm not worried. I don't use the ZunePass, so it's not that critical for me. And, I rip my own movies to .wav format, so the media store bit isn't too critical either.

BUT....

I *will* be getting a ZuneHD when funds permit (or, since my dad is a Christian and insist on getting us gifts even when I don't celebrate the holiday.... even when I still get him crap anyways). Got a chance to play with one the other day at Fry's Electronics, and all I can say is: Me. Want. TONS of cool features, 720p output to any monitor, HD Radio, and wireless browser? Screw iPod Touch (since apple insists it's a "gaming product"..huh?...).

But, I also have a Windows phone and was running the Windows 7 Beta for as long as I could, so my modest house is already an MS equipped joint.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
This kinda reminds me of the movie "The Princess Bride" where Andre The Giant is told to "Jog his memory" and he's like.... "UH, Jogged him lil' too hard boss".

LOL!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I do what I can..... :devilsidesmile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts