The Final Pics After the Firing & Cleaning of the Mosin'

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Krippp, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

as i promised, these are the latest pics of the M38 and M44's that we just bought and then promptly took care of all the cosmoline, at least i hope all of it, took them out and discovered just how sweet shooting they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice pics man, thanks for sharing!

3. Ari

Ari Guest

I like the M38 If I come across one like that I will have t get it

4. uncle jerky

uncle jerky Well-Known Member

I always wonder what's behind the smile of a woman that is holding a gun!? Ha Ha.

5. Absolutelty lovely!

MNs are never cheap here in Atlanta -- they're usually in the $125 range at gun shows. So the question: at a show last weekend, I saw my first local Mns at the legendary big box sporting outlet price of $79.95. Ooooh!

On closer inspection, they were beaters, and had -- to my chagrin -- been engraved with Century Arms' import marks. To my limited knowledge, such engraving is not required and is unusual -- correct? (or not?) I can take some battle damage, but subsequent vandalism is hard to take.

6. farmkid every one I have seen has had the import marks on them.

AFAIK if they were imported into the country they have to have them

Every milsurp I own have the marks on them at least.

Except for a SKS and a luger that are supposedly war bringbacks.

7. nice pics kripp! :) We ought to name this the Hi Point/Moisin Nagant forum ROFLOL

8. very nice :!: I do love the sound of them firing but my shoulder doesn't like the recoil :lol: