The Foley murder

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluharley, Aug 20, 2014.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

Help me understand. These hostages that have been murdered by these nutbags in Iraq and vicinity, just kneel waiting to be butchered. If I knew I was going to die, I'd be screaming, kicking and scratching all the way. I don't care if they beat me to a pulp, they're going to kill me anyway. These guys just kneeel, not a scratch on them that I can see, and just wait. BS! I know I can't imagine what it would be like to be in that situation, but I'd like to think I would just go ballistic, at least put up some kind of fight.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I'd like to think I had it on me to give a good F-you and spit before it came..... But maybe they thought it wasn't going to go that far.... I dunno.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I don't know what I would do. I know what I was trained to do at SERE school but I would like to think I went down swinging before it came to that.

4. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

I dunno, maybe they were told there's 72 virgins waiting for them hereafter. :rolleyes:

5. Tchort

Tchort Member

Unfortunately the poor guy probably has been beat, tortured and brain washed for past couple years missing. Locked up and confind to a small room. You never know, it might be the best for him. Might have put him out of his pain and suffering.

If me under those conditions with no sign of excape or release, I might act the same also. If they knew they were finally doing me a favor, they might not do it.

All I know, I feel for the guys family and pisses me of we wont do much about it. And if we do, dont bring them here for our nice jails. Eye for eye in those countrys, we should do same to them.

6. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yea, it's easy for me to sit here and say what I would do, but you're right, after being in captivity like that....I don't know.

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That was brutal! These bastards have been emboldened by our politically correct weakness. We trade 5 high ranking terrorists for one traitor, and we wont do anything about these brutal murders! It's sickening! I pray for his family, and this country and our future...

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

Maybe he was doped with the same stuff the Saudis use when they execute criminals with a sword...?

eldar

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    First thing I thought of when the question was posed...
    Bad situation all around:(

10. I would imagine he has already excepted his fate.

He was a journalist not a trained marine/seal he probably broke a long time ago. And you cant blame him for that. I just hope he had come to terms with either god or him self before that moment.

If he had than I imagine he wasn't as terrified as we seem to think.

another thought. He knows he is going to die, you know all of those men around the camera have guns and will simply excute him at the first sign of struggle and bring another hostage out for the video. He probably wants his last memory and breath to be as sweet and somber as possible. instead of a violent but still assured death.

11. bluharley

bluharley Member

That's my point, I'd rather them have to shoot me than sit there like a sheep waiting to be slaughtered. I haven't watched the video, I watched Berg and Armstrong, that was all I could take. And a Mexican woman killed by a cartel the same way. I'm traumatized by those images. They think they are going to scare us into submission, it just angers me and makes me want to shoot their kind.

12. RandyB

RandyB Lifetime Supporter

He was a man of faith, great faith from his demeanor when faced with a brutal end. He kept his eyes on Christ and now is with him.

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Do some of these people in the media live on a different planet? :confused:

CNN COMMENTATOR: ISIS KILLED JOURNALIST DUE TO FEAR OF OBAMA

CNN political commentator and Democratic strategist Maria Cardona argued that the murder of American journalist James Wright Foley was due to the success of President Barack Obama’s Iraq policy.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...r-ISIS-Killed-Journalist-Due-to-Fear-of-Obama

14. I have often wondered about that. If I was a Muslim Extremist I would want 75 strippers, hell with the virgins. I want to have fun!!!!!!!

15. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I nearly choked when I read that. :eek:

16. bluharley

bluharley Member

CNN! The very best in journalism!!! :eek:

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

It is difficult to know in that type of situation what anyone would do. The instinct to survive is VERY strong, so the person might think if they don't resist they might not actually be executed. Who knows, maybe they put a knife to the guys throat once a week and told him he was about to be beheaded, then let him go. So the one time they were actually going to follow through, he thought it was just another bluff till it happened.

18. Branth

Branth Member

I wouldn't let myself get captured if there was any way to avoid it. I'd fight hard enough that they'd have to kill me before that. There's too many ways to torture a man without killing him for me to be willing to subject myself to a psychopath - I'd rather die fighting and go out with some kind of honor, if not dignity.

19. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Sometimes you don't have a choice in the situation. It's all well and good to say your going to go down fighting, but the human instinct to survive is stronger than you think.