The girls got treated today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, May 26, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Grandma (my mom) sent a little money to help make sure they had a fun summer. I got my fishing license as they have been wanting to go, bait is cheap and we have all the gear we need.

We have a zoo membership and my wife and the girls will get a lot of use out of that.

Debated between a mini vacation, just an over night get a way somewhere, or a swing set.

Did some searching on Craiglist and got lucky, found this by searching a different way. Apparently, swing set is correct - two words. I did swingset and found this.

[​IMG]

Picked it up for $100 and a buddy got a truck from work so delivery was free.

It needs a little TLC, but is structurally sound. We can get replacement swings for about $20 a piece. Might paint and stain it some as money permits.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Cool beans, good score.
    When I was a kid (7-ish) we used to go camping in the backyard.
    Put up a tent, cook outside and everything.
    My sister and I would sleep in the tent 'on vacation'.

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

stretch a big tarp over the frame and you have a tent with a slide...

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

My parents would come over and 'visit' and eat with us.
    Then they would go to the big house and we were 'left' camping in the 'wilderness'.
    Pretty friggin' exciting when you're 7.
    Fortunately we had our female black Lab guarding over us.
    That dog was brutal if you got too close to us. her head was bigger then mine lol....

(Google pic)

[​IMG]

5. Grumpy553

Grumpy553 Member

Nice score for the kids! Way to go!

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Good going Tall. I agree with the tarp transition into a tent. I bet they would get a kick out of it. You can borrow one of Rach's puppies to provide security.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Pretty sure they are a tad over his budget. Even if only to feed one for the weekend.

8. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Good deal! Looks like two happy girls, and that's what it's all about!

9. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Want to do the camp out thing, but living in the city and no fenced yard, not really a good option.

I did take my older daughter out and camped out at a friend's house last year. Hoping to do that again this summer.

10. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i'll send my son's puppy up for security. he scared away my mother in law and that is quite the accomplishment. if i would have known she had a totally irrational fear of the breed i would have gotten a pitbull 15 years ago.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I have 11 of them...

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ...and 10 ex-mil's, one for each? :rofl: