Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My05Hammer & I got a PM going back n forth about the Dubuque area attractions & a nearby biker-bar called "Poopy's". He suggested maybe we grab some lunch there (http://www.poopys.com/) then ride (drive if you are stuck on four wheels) to the Izaac Walton's range in Peosta (just West of Dbq).

We haven't talked about weather etc., but since we plan to be on bikes and it's an outdoor range some things are tentative to conditions.

Open to all!

Plan: meet-up in Savanna, IL @ Poopy's around 11:30am, eat (Hammer highly recommends a menu item called "The big poop"). Will roll from there depending on weather, waitress service & ammo availability.

The range has 25, 50, 75 & 100yd berms.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
We are looking at; August 16th meeting at Poopy's first at 11:30 AM. The time has not been set in stone yet but is fairly definite.

For any of you who do not know what Poopy's is check it out: http://www.poopys.com/

It is a GREAT place to eat.

My wife can be picky about restaurant food. I told her I wanted to take her to Poopy's one day and she thought to herself "I don't want to go to some dirty nasty biker bar where the people are going to be loud obnoxious and half naked while falling all over the place drunk".

I took her there for dinner one evening and she loved it... now if I go there without her she gets quite upset.

I think we should get a head count so we know how many to expect.

As for the Range we are going to meet at, CoyoteUGLY will have to answer any questions about that since I have never been there. From what he says it sounds like a pretty nice place.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of us together for this event. Just think... we could end up being the "Sturgis" of Hi Point Meets!! LOL!!!

Seriously though, I think a meet and greet at Poopy's then some range time afterward will be a great time.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously, what day ??????????????????
Oops, i created the thead from a link at the calendar, I assumed it would list the day, but like Hammer said, Aug 16 is the plan. God-willing we'll have great weather & safe riding/shooting. If the date doesn't work then maybe we can have some other dates too before snow flies, for those nearby. I'm only 5 min. from the range & can come open the gate anytime, but generally Sundays is OPEN to public anyway.

The range also has a fine picnic area behind the clubhouse (if ya don't mind the constant sound of trapshooters making their music).

Bring eye & ear protection, a given i know, but required at our range.
-CU

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Can we make the meeting time to be at Poop's at Noon? I won't be out of Sunday School until 10:30 and won't be on the road till around 11 AM. Takes us an hour to get to Poops from Dixon.

Let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noon sounds great! I'm not scheduled for any classes that day, so I can prolly leave straight fm services & might be able to save us a table. If we can get that head-count going we can try & get a big enough table for all.

heads so far...
1) Hammer
2) Mrs. Hammer
3) Hammer's buddy
4) Mrs. "Hammer's buddy"
5) CU
6) Mrs. CU
7) CU's buddy from Jesup
8) CU's buddy from Dubuque?
9) Pistol Pete?
10) Land Shark?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife and I may come up and eat but range is out of the question because the wifey is about 8 1/2 months preggo with our first. We may just go to the pallisades after. I will reply again to confirm yes or no when "she who must be obeyed" decides:)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
My wife and I may come up and eat but range is out of the question because the wifey is about 8 1/2 months preggo with our first. We may just go to the pallisades after. I will reply again to confirm yes or no when "she who must be obeyed" decides:)
I got a friend over in Sterling who is a licensed EMT and a gun enthusiast. I'll see if he'll want to go with lol!!!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a friend over in Sterling who is a licensed EMT and a gun enthusiast. I'll see if he'll want to go with lol!!!
Oh i'm pretty sure a delivery on the rifle range would be a first for our local Ike's chapter, woo hoo! And what a way to come into the world, hand the kid a pistol & start-off right?

My wife and I may come up and eat... I will reply again to confirm yes or no when "she who must be obeyed" decides:)
LOL! Well-said!

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
:'( I am in Quincy, and would love to come. But funds limit my abilities to travel. Since my Dad passed two weeks ago, and we had to go to GA, we've been playing catch up. But I will wish you guys the fun I'd like to have.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
:'( I am in Quincy, and would love to come. But funds limit my abilities to travel. Since my Dad passed two weeks ago, and we had to go to GA, we've been playing catch up. But I will wish you guys the fun I'd like to have.
My condolences go out to you and yours for your loss.

We will gather again some time and hope to see you then.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
noon sounds great! I'm not scheduled for any classes that day, so I can prolly leave straight fm services & might be able to save us a table. If we can get that head-count going we can try & get a big enough table for all.

heads so far...
1) Hammer
2) Mrs. Hammer
3) Hammer's buddy
4) Mrs. "Hammer's buddy"
5) CU
6) Mrs. CU
7) CU's buddy from Jesup
8) CU's buddy from Dubuque?
9) Pistol Pete?
10) Land Shark?
Any more interested so far?

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey all, Hammer just rang my cell a few minutes ago & things look good for Sunday!

Weather reports say sunny & warm, granted, they only report the weather, they don't make it, but still... God-willing we'll have some great food, safe-riding, and fantastic firing-range times!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.