The GREATEST Gun Salesman going for a 3rd?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MachoMelvin, Jul 28, 2015.

1. 03psd73

03psd73 Member

See what thinking will get ya

2. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    He could be Vice President, then if the President is impeached or killed, he would be President.

3. Obama cannot run for a third term and he knows it. He will likely continue to cooperate with organizations out of office to try to get rid of our 2nd Amendment liberties. He can try, but most Americans like their firearms. Unlikely he will be successful.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Or decided to resign.

Might actually see a literal revolt if that happened, however. I don't see him being asked to be VP by anyone.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What Obama said was actually at Cic's level of 'under the surface' humor.
    He was speaking at the African Union Summit.
    A continent notorious for presidents/leaders/despots and other free 'elected' dictators that then proceed to declare themselves "President for life".
    He was criticizing them.
    Very cleverly done.

* tips hat *

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/28/politics/obama-third-term-win-ethiopia/

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Context be damned. We're living in some retarded sound bite world right now where what you say is all that matters. How, why and where are completely irrelevant to the biased media and $#!tty bloggers who's only goal in society is apparently "Who's life can we ruin next?". When they started going after comics for jokes they made years ago I knew we were freakin doomed. Flaming a$$holes the whole bunch of them.

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Frankly, I think that's BS. I know that CNN makes that claim but they're doing it mostly to make it seem he's "the smartest man on the planet." He's not.

I think he was being semi-serious. He really believes that if he were legally able to run for a 3rd term he could win it. And, frankly, I think he's probably right. There's a pretty good chance that he could win a third. But he knows he can't so might as well "quip" about it, neh?

It's not him taking a pot shot at African Dictators. It's about him talking about how popular he is.

And, again, he might not be wrong. He's still pretty darn popular among most of the people who voted for him the second time around.

Frankly, I don't know why CNN feels they have to cover for him. Maybe they're afraid he's going to sound too conceited or something. :rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

10. Rerun

Rerun Member

No.

He is from Kenya and is telling the African population that he wants to do what their leaders have traditionally done!

eldar

11. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    Yep wish in one hand and we'll you know the rest..

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Shambles? No. Trump induced panic? No. Is trump driving that bus? Yes.

Yes.

FOX says lots of stupid things. A few weeks ago, I watched aghast as the talking heads on Fox and Friends (out of New York, predictably) blathered on about how "untrained" concealed carry holders are and how they're "dangerous."

I'm still not buying this "smartest man on earth takes clever shot at African Dictators."

"O" was just being honest. If he were legally allowed to run again, he thinks he could probably win.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Pulling a Gasman with the other?................ Sorry!.... Couldn't resist!

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    And at the same time, whipping up the anti-Obama crowd here. I heard snippets and the fact that it was in Africa was totally left out. He's amused by the furor created by his statements. I know I would be ;)
    I see this all the time on HPFF, actually!

15. histed

histed Supporting Member

UHHHH - you'd never stir the pot, there, wood ya Mole? :rolleyes: Know a serious, studious.....wait, who am I tryin' to fool? :nahnah:

16. undeRGRound

INDY
    I meant "here in the U$A" not HPFF :p
    HPFF too, but I hope we @ HPFF are not collectively on the White House radar!!! :eek:

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    1-20-17 Gun Sales and Ammo Prices return to normal...
    Unless Hitlery gets in there, by Hook or by Crook! :p

18. histed

histed Supporting Member

Hitlery is,at this point, the least of my worries. I'm more concerned that Der Fuehrer will find a way to stay in power. :foilhat::foilhat::foilhat: Reference my comments on GUN violence. Dig deep, little mole

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    Blah. He will not find a way to over stay his welcome, per the Constitution!
    Too late to get an amendment done, not a single Legal way to extend his
    term, and all the people that want to see him gone own the vast majority
    of the firearms! :D He's not even considering it. He's tired, and ready for a BREAK!