The "Homer?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, May 15, 2018.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I am wondering what I need to mount this on. Anyone have one of these? I figured for the price it was worth a shot. Decent reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G0OCFKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• 2.5-10x40 Rifle Scope with Red Laser Dual illuminated Mil-dot w/ Rail Mount
    • This hunting Scope Barrel Mount 1"/ 25mm & 30mm Ring Adapter w/ 20mm Weaver Picatinny Rail all functions.
    • 4 Reticle Red Dot Open Reflex Sight with Weaver-Picatinny Rail Mount
    • Rifle Scope with Field oF view (ft.@100yds.):32.5 - 8.9
    • You can get : 1 x 2.5-10x40mm AO Rifle Scope 1 x 4 Reticle Red Dot 1 x Scope Barrel Mount 2 x Lens cover 4 x CR 2032;1 x CR 123(laser) only 1 x Allen key 2 x Cleaning cloth 1 x Mounting tool 1 x Manual instruction

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That is OBVIOUSLY designed to go on your sooper-de-dooper .22LR take down sniper rifle 10/22.

That, or your tacticool 12 pound 16" AR with 100 round Beta mags, with the little .22 zip gun on a rail under the barrel.

moona11 likes this.

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

So it gets the aJole seal of approval?

4. histed

histed Supporting Member

I'd mount it on a pole and worship it. Can't be an idol, since it resembles nothing in heaven or on earth. That's a mall ninja's dream come true!

5. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

I wonder about you TNT, sometimes you seem rational and sometimes you’re just off the reservation.
    Even considering this illuminated abomination is just.....:confused:
    Come on down bro, it isn’t better on the other side :clown:

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

"Crispy Creme" came with Firefield POS illuminated reticle/laser. The laser is stuck 2-3" to the right at 50yds. (it came with the 4595 never used. Laser adjustment stripped out 1st trip:rolleyes: ) I have only taken it out to 50yds. I have a Vortex 5.56 with an illuminated reticle. Not cheap. All 3 have regular no battery needed black reticles.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. TNTRAILERTRASH

I'll probably remove the reflex sight and put it on a HiPoint.

8. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

I seem to recall some newb posted a pic of his Hi-Point carbine wearing one of these; it was a while ago and I can't find the link.

Mebbe it would help if "The Homer" had a flashlight??? :stir:

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

No place to mount it. However the Vortex has a place to mount one or a laser. I don't think I want a flashlight in my face. :D

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

[​IMG]

ajole likes this.
  11. beaglenc

beaglenc Member

I have the scope only because it came on a gun I bought. Works good enough. It works better than the amount it sells for but is not a "$300 and up" scope.
    I wouldn't take it for the apocalypse, but wouldn't hesitate to take it to the deer and pig wars.;)

moona11 and TNTRAILERTRASH like this.
  12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ok....I’m apparently not red neck enough to know...why are you calling everything “homer”?

I thought you meant “homely” and just didn’t know the right word, but I’m guessing you have some other odd thing going on...

eldarbeast likes this.
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

Immediately when I saw this scope it reminded me of the "Homer" car above in the pic.
    [​IMG]

14. Ironhead79

Ironhead79 Member

IMG_20180510_130049.jpg f47a6140edc6d382c32122527cbacf2f.jpg

15. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Ahhh, there's the flashlight!!!