Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the warranty good for whoever owns the pistol, or only the first owner? I heard it was the first owner, and they usually let it slide for second or third owners. This makes a difference in whether I buy it new or used, since I figure I'll be keeping it as long as it goes "bang," so I'd like to have it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
OMG i hate to be a dick but dude the search function for "warranty" or "gurantee" works....hi point goes from buyer to kingdom come......jees :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Is the warranty good for whoever owns the pistol, or only the first owner? I heard it was the first owner, and they usually let it slide for second or third owners. This makes a difference in whether I buy it new or used, since I figure I'll be keeping it as long as it goes "bang," so I'd like to have it under warranty.
it is fully and totally transferable

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mean to be lazy here, but... I thought someone here got a piece of literature with their gun saying that wasn't the case? I just want to make sure there's no fine print...

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry, I'm missing the distinction here... You're saying that they COULD refuse to repair a second-hand gun, but as a matter of policy, just fix it anyway?

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want to make sure that if business for them goes south and they're hurting for money, I won't have to start paying for repairs.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I doubt they'll be going out of business anytime soon. Here are production numbers for 2007 (probably a slower period than, say 3rdQ 2008 and now.)

In 2007 (the date the report is for) HiPoint actually used, and might still use, three different manufacturers to build their firearms.

Beemiller Inc. for their 380 and 9 mill. handguns as well as all their carbines.

Iberia Firearms Inc. for their 40 S&W caliber pistols. And

Haskell Manufacturing for their .45 acp caliber pistols.

Together, they made 121,240 pistols and 19,200 rifles (carbines) for a total of 140,440 firearms produced.
The policy is to repair the gun, the literature says different. Now, at the price you are paying for the weapon, used; technically it could be a "throw away gun" if it quits working you could pitch it. That said, you currently won't have to with a 99.95% surety (but they could, but they won't, but they could). And they could turn it down for repair, if say, it was sawn in half, run over by a car and then encased in concrete.

If however you had purchased any other brand weapon for 4-7 times the money, used... I can assure you (with the same 99.95% surety) that you would have to pay for repairs and WAIT WAIT WAIT for the return of the repaired weapon.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Any owner............anytime............no questions asked.............forever..

How long is forever? Don't know. One thing I do know is that other gun manufacturers generally offer 1 year...........after that you can be sure it is out of warranty. At 62 I know how short a year is (grin).

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Life time- no questions asked should mean just that. Case in point: I purchased a used HP .40 from an online auction. I had multiple FTF and FTE issues. I called the place the website listed concerning the HP .40 pistols, sent it in with a note and they replaced a bunch of stuff on the gun. Fired it multiple times, sold it to my brother (regret doing that now) and he's never had a problem with it and it has been over a year.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is the legendary warranty a thing of the past? I was setting up my wife's friend's new 995TS and I noticed the disclaimer on the last page of the manual.

A few interesting notes- damages caused by failure to perform maintenance, using reloaded ammo, unauthorized repair, modification, abuse, misuse, and alterations are not covered by the limited warranty. Also it appears that it now only applies to the original retail customer and a copy of the proof of retail purchase must be sent in with it back to mother.

I scanned a copy but I do not know how well it show up on this post. Any thoughts guys??? Bubbas beware, stupidity is no longer covered. :'(

·
Registered
67 Posts
As far as I know the sheet has always said that, but as other people have said I have never heard of Hi-Point refusing anyone a repair.
I know when I called for some parts they didn't ask for any receipt etc.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
just wondering also i have heard every time someone sends in a gun for repair they send back a free mag for your troubles an to cover your shipping... is that true?

·
Long Arm of the Law
630 Posts
True on the free mag. I have sent a 995 and several pistols I bought off of Auction Arms and it was always the same free gift when they were returned and they were returned postage free I might add.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts