The Little "1911" That Could

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dagwood, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I just love this Pistol!

This is my new to me Gabilondo Y Cia Elgoibar Espana "Llama" .380. This particular model II was made between 1933 and 1954. Not sure of the exact date.

It didn't come with a magazine, so I ordered one online. It's at the post office right now, I just need to go pick it up.

I can't wait to actually see how well she shoots. I have shot a few rounds by hand feeding them one at a time, but I want to see how well she feeds with a new mag.

Here's a couple of pics. One pic shows her next to my RIA 1911 A2 for comparison. 2015-07-16 19.32.58.jpg

2015-07-13 06.08.33.jpg

2015-07-13 06.09.02.jpg

I posted pics of her on another thread, but I felt she deserved her own thread. Lol

2. Fracman

Fracman Member

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Pretty sweet lookin!

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Sweet looking gun Dag.
    I've always liked the 1911 clones....
    That seriously would not look bad nickel plated and with mother-of-pearl grips.
    But then again, I like gaudy guns :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  5. I've got the III-A, it came with the box and papers. It's a really fun gun, I'm sure you're going to enjoy yours.
    I'm curious where you got the mag and how it set you back, I've been thinking about getting a second one.

Attached Files:

6. Dagwood

Nice Adam!

I bought the mag from ammoclip.com. it was 34.00 plus 8.00 shipping.

The mag for yours is a little different than mine. Mine fits flush on the bottom. They have em there for yours as well though.

7. Dagwood

8. Thanks for that link. I've got one other Llama that is mentioned on that site: a Llama Omni in .45ACP. While it came with the original box, it did NOT come with a manual and it took me a long time to take it down for cleaning. It was such a PITA that I haven't done shot it since. :(

Attached Files:

9. Is that your gun, Swaga? The rest of the forum wants to know. :p
    Okay, mebbe only me. :D

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I wish........

11. Dagwood

I got my magazine from Ammoclip.com today. Took her to the range. Fun fun fun!

I shot some federal ball ammo and had a few FTE's. I shot a box of Tulammo steel case ammo and it was much better, only one FTE.

The mag fit perfect. The quality was excellent. Not sure why the FTE's. She is pretty accurate for a micro 1911.

All in all, I was very happy with the performance. Might just need to pull the ejector and spring and clean it. Might just need to fire a few more rds thru her and see how she does.

Not bad for a Spanish pistol made before 1954.