Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far on every board I visit one thing is consistently mentioned, people have rediscovered their 22LR weapons. Before this nonsense I didn't shoot my Marlin for 6 years. Now Im considering taking it to an Appleseed after adding one of these;

http://www.tech-sights.com/

Also getting one for my AK when they come out and thinking of adding to my 10/22 though its on red dot.

Anyway some good has come of this situation, now I wouldnt suggest spending $500 on one mainly because its not needed, plenty of 22lr semis out there at less than $200 some under $100.

BTW CCI 22LR HP expands perfectly and stays intact in soft tissue. Just dont try to make it something it isnt. Hang a good set of sights on it and GO TO AN APPLESEED event.You will learn more about shooting than you ever knew possible unless you are already a trained rifleman then go for the company and teach. Either way you wont have to shoot those oh so precious larger rounds.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have a lot of friends that say oh .22s are nothing. But I know they can do some damage. That's why I love them!!! :D

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
As soon as you disrespect a gun, itll disrespect you; and you wont walk away from that.

In reality the outcome will always be the same. If you shoot something in the head with a 30-06 and something else with a .22 they both have the same conclusions.... death. Dead is dead, no matter how it happened.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My son gave me the TRS 100 Tech-Sights for my 10/22 last Xmas, my gunsmith install them for $50 including a fill in plug for the removal of the stock rear sight. Very nice, easy to use / adjust and the increased sight radius is definitely a plus as well.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love rimifires and 80% of my firearms are 22's. I can't see the point of owning a bunch of stuff I can't afford to shoot and practice with. Thats all the pistol ammo we can get locally anyhow. My wife and I both carry 22s and am very happy with 'em. I'm sure my next purchase will probably be a .22 also! Anybody selling? :D X

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im kind of at a cross roads on buying more 22s. A pistol and two rifles in that caliber though Im thinking of swaping a guy the 10/22 for another Marlin model 60 this time plus a few bricks of ammo if I can talk him into it. The Marlins are just so dam accurate. Not saying the Ruger isn't accurate just that the Marlin is more so and its cheaper. Get or make a speed tube loader and its almost as fast as changing mags and a hell of a lot cheaper. Just cant understand why some guys will put $600 of accessories on a $200 rifle but hey to each his own madness right guys?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Im kind of at a cross roads on buying more 22s. A pistol and two rifles in that caliber though Im thinking of swaping a guy the 10/22 for another Marlin model 60 this time plus a few bricks of ammo if I can talk him into it. The Marlins are just so dam accurate. Not saying the Ruger isn't accurate just that the Marlin is more so and its cheaper. Get or make a speed tube loader and its almost as fast as changing mags and a hell of a lot cheaper. Just cant understand why some guys will put $600 of accessories on a $200 rifle but hey to each his own madness right guys?
I too agree with you. :eat:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I was just daydreaming about making a tube reloader for my marlin. Can you give me any info or where to find one?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I was just daydreaming about making a tube reloader for my marlin. Can you give me any info or where to find one?
try this link. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS120-1.html someone also suggested using old aluminum or SS arrow shafts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with the 22 finding a new respect..I to have dug up my old 22lr and gave her a good cleaing. Put a cheap scope setup on it and off I go. I just scored a 500 pac at wally world and another 250 from another place. about 40 bucks and I have 750 rounds. Me and my nephew dig it to get to go out and spend hours at the range. I take the jcp 40 with me as well and now just shoot a box at a time with it. More time with the 22...and anything else I care to take along.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those marlins are just great. Beats a 10/22 on all points except tacti-cool junk. But the 10/22 can be made into just a good a weapon, new trigger, bed the barrel, etc.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Supprized that no one has mentioned the Winchester 190. Maybe no one here is old enough to have bought one? Got mine back in the 70's. Have put thousands of rounds through it. Plinking, shooting snakes, carried it on the tractor, combine, and cotton picker. In a saddle scabbard many days. Many a rabbit has gone on the table from this gun and a couple of geese (or is it gooses? Let's say 1 goose and then another one). Since it went outdoors a lot in all weather and bounced around on the equipment it is not pristine but still does the job after 30+ years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.