Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People were saying that there must be someting wrong with the people that were claiming the 995 had any recoil.....Wonder why HP has a spring-loaded stock on the 995TS?....Just food for thought......................

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Guess the stock is just for looks? Tust put 200 rounds through my 995TS today and the recoil wasn't much more than a 22LR. It does have some recoil but it is very light.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess the stock is just for looks? Tust put 200 rounds through my 995TS today and the recoil wasn't much more than a 22LR. It does have some recoil but it is very light.
Don't you think the stock helped the recoil or did HP go thru the re-design for the nothing?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Don't you think the stock helped the recoil or did HP go thru the re-design for the nothing?
Having nerver shot the 995 classic can't say for sure if the felt recoil is different. Design change may have been more flor looks. The 8) factor? Have no idea behind their reasoning, but I like it.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Having nerver shot the 995 classic can't say for sure if the felt recoil is different. Design change may have been more flor looks. The 8) factor? Have no idea behind their reasoning, but I like it.
Put a recoil pad on my 995b because my tweens felt the recoil was worse ( not terribly) than their 22s. I wanted to keep it so they would continue to enjoy it. I'd love to have the new ts to compare.

Hey 2TN, ship me yours and then I'll ship you mine, and we can both try out the difference! :D

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I have the 995 Classic, and although the recoil is light, I found the plastic stock moves around a bit and you can end up with your shoulder being sore after a day at the range. I purchased the butt pad from Hi Point ($16.00) shipped. It's a lot more comfortable to shoot now and it looks good...........

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
LOL, Sorry Bulldog I'll have to pass. Friend has a classic that is off at the mothership just now. When it returns we'll compare them side by side.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Anything that reduces recoil is good and in conjunction with reducing barrel rise any weapon is improved. Of course when you get up to 308 and above there is only so much you can do. You gotta take it to give it up there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.